 Space / 1283
Re: Updated my pages; new nanofig-scale starships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:10:35 GMT

In lugnet.build, James Wilson writes:
The quality of the pics isn't the best; I'd gladly take suggestions on how I
can improve my digital camera skills.
Try more light and multiple light-sources.  Something I've had some limited
success in photographing scale models with is using the cheap-o aluminum
reflectors with photo bulbs in them -- buying the bulb makes up for the cost • of
the reflector :(

Is that the parabolic reflector?  I think I've seen them in photography
shops...

You don't have an easy solution with focus.

My biggest complaint about the focus (and my only gripe about the Mavica) is
that the pixelated screen on the back of the camera is insufficient in terms of
manual focus.  I have to snap off a dozen shots at different focus settings,
then load them in PSP to see which ones actually turned out.

I have to nit-pick one item.  To quote your site:  "A nanofig refers to a • scale
which is much _larger_ than a minifig or even a microfig."  (my emphasis • added)
As a scale is a ratio (1:48 or 1:72 for many model aircraft, 1:350 or 1:500
for ships, etc), then a _larger_ scale implies a _smaller_ denominator of the
fraction or ratio.  Therefore, a _larger_ scale means "closer to life-size."

LOL -- thanks.  I'll be changing this real quick.

Cheers,
- jsproat