 Publishing / 1460
Re: Updated my pages; new nanofig-scale starships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 19:36:01 GMT

In lugnet.build, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
(I'm using a Sony Mavica, BTW.  In general, I've been impressed with the
quality I get with it, even though it's not a megapixel camera.)

Me too!  Other than it not going up to 1600x1200, I'm pretty darn overall
pleased with it.

Does having black felt cloth under the model affect the lighting at all?
Perhaps by screwing up the camera's contrast settings?  My Day In The Life
Of pics were taken in the same room, under the same conditions, except for
the black backdrop; they turned out fine.

It might be tricking the camera into thinking it's night time or something
weird like that.  I haven't taken many pictures against black textiles yet,
so I can't say for sure.  You might try taking the same photos using a white
backdrop and see how differently they come out.  Might also try disabling the
auto-everything mode and setting the input filters manually.

--Todd