 Publishing / 1464
Re: Updated my pages; new nanofig-scale starships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:55:20 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Todd Lehman writes:

SNIP

Good advice.

The idea behind diffusion is a bit counter-intuitive.  Turn the lights around
and reflect them off something white.  Copy/typing Paper works well for small
objects.  You can also do similar effects by hanging the paper in front of the
lamps, but you need to use a translucent paper like tracing paper.  And be
careful that they are far enough from the bulb not to burn ;-).

Generally a photo setup has a light to either side and one from above for full
coverage, but a lot of folks use regular sunlight.  You can still use small
reflectors to take care of the shadows.

Hope that helps.