 Space / 12385
Re: Motorbike contest anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:29:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino writes:

Bill Ward <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:GpsJpF.E7I@lugnet.com...
With all these motorbike entries, maybe it's time for a contest, like we • had
with the HoverThings.

I'm not really interested in making motorbikes, so there wouldn't be a • conflict
of interest if I were to host the contest.  Anyone interested?

Here's the rules I would propose...
* All images to be posted on brickshelf.com
* No CAD models
* Each entry earns you one vote
* The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will go to the models with the most
votes, except that no person can win more than one prize
* In the event of a tie, a run-off will be held
* All models must be created between XXX and YYY dates (to be determined)

Feedback welcome.  Note: I have not previously run this type of contest • online,
though we did have a contest with similar rules at our local club meeting • last
weekend.

Depending on what feedback I get I will announce the contest shortly.

--Bill.

Two suggestions:

Only one vote regardless of how many entries you make.  If one person were
to make 6 entries (I won't mention any names  ;) then they would have way
too much sway in the voting arena.

Who me?  *innocent look*  I agree, one vote per person regardless of the
number of entries, and you can't vote for yourself. That's the way these
contests usually go.

I'd suggest the mechanism used for the recently completed Blacktron contest.
It seemed fairly straightforward and simple.

Please allow CAD entries for those of us who just don't have the more modern
pieces or the desired colors.

I'd rather it not be possible to use colors that don't exist, but that's a
preference of mine.  CAD's fine, just so long as the pieces exist in real
life in those colors.

Either way, I'll enter, but my entry will look much nicer if I'm allowed to
use cad.  :)

Assuming that the contest starts as of last Sunday (when I posted my first
bike) then I'm cool with it.  If I have to come up with a bunch of new
ideas, I'll be very put out :)

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com