 Space / 12411
Re: Motorbike contest anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:02:42 GMT

if u think that the cad-ers have an unfair advantage
then why not just have cad and not-cad categories so
that the two aren't competing against each other.

imho,
the purpose for a 'contest' isn't the competing anyway.
it is the seeing of all the mocs and new ways of putting
the bricks together, so ruling out cad entirely really
hurts the afol's who are watching the contest

-paul

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
With all these motorbike entries, maybe it's time for a contest, like we had
with the HoverThings.

I'm not really interested in making motorbikes, so there wouldn't be a conflict
of interest if I were to host the contest.  Anyone interested?

Here's the rules I would propose...
* All images to be posted on brickshelf.com
* No CAD models
* Each entry earns you one vote
* The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will go to the models with the most
votes, except that no person can win more than one prize
* In the event of a tie, a run-off will be held
* All models must be created between XXX and YYY dates (to be determined)

Feedback welcome.  Note: I have not previously run this type of contest online,
though we did have a contest with similar rules at our local club meeting last
weekend.

Depending on what feedback I get I will announce the contest shortly.

--Bill.