 Space / 11440
Re: Chapter 2 of Subterfugitives Webcomic now online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:53:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Damien Guichard writes:
In lugnet.general, Joel Kuester writes:
Disc One : Chapter Two is now ready for viewing:

http://minispy.tripod.com/secret/

Really great lego comic. It just looks like a movie. And it offers a quite
intricate story that seems to be logically conducted by some elementary
principle(s) to be freely unveiled by the reader. To be read many times.

I wish some day I can do my own lego comic too. I have already written a few
chapters and modelled a few creations with MLCad. My story, although very
different, is mainly inspired by DUNE. My lego creations are inspired by
official themes (Futuron, Blacktron, Space Police). The first chapters are
planned for early 2002.
Damien
http://brickcaster.multimania.com

Thank you for your comments, I understand that the story may seem very
dis-jointed right now, but I promise that everything comes together very
soon.  There is a lot of backstory that isn't shown because I wanted to make
the story more mysterious and focus on the main characters more than
anything else.  I hope there is a balance in the difference of what the
characters know and what the reader knows, so that you can emphathise with
each individual.

Good luck with your comic!  I look forward to seeing it!  When you say your
story is inspired by Dune, do you mean it is set in that world, or just
similar to Dune?  Just curious.

cheers!
Joel K