 Space / 11416
Re: Chapter 2 of Subterfugitives Webcomic now online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 22:57:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Random thoughts:

thanks for your kind comments, I apprecite it a lot!

- As I read the story, I'm continually impressed by the way you've
created a complete environment, even down to the parking lot with hover
speeder things parked in it. :^)

I am glad my effort to create an enviroment is noticable, when I spend an
evening building a set that will be in maybe 3 or 4 pictures, I sometimes
feel like I am spinning my wheels so to speak.  I actually made too many
hover vehicles one day during a building spurt, and I have some left overs I
didn't get to use yet.  *head slap*

- The detention center desk/bed thingys are interesting. They remind me
of "Vogon poetry appreciation chairs"

lol! reference understood, but not intentional!

- The LEGO elements superimposed as holo-images are great! I like how
that came out.

me too... it came out much better than I thought it would!  It wasn't as
much work as I was expecting too.  Bless Adobe Photoshop for the layers
filters!  The worst thing was matching the angles and waiting for the images
to render in POVray (I know... I know... it was free and I like it).  I
can't wait to use it again in other chapters.

Thanks for posting that! Your hard work is evident. Well done!

thanks again!  to be honest, none of the process is hard as much as it's
tedious.  The hardest work for me is creating the storyboards that I shoot
from.  Choosing what scenes to include when and how to frame them and stuff
like that.  The overall story has been in my head for a while, so it's kinda
fun to finally get it out in some form that other people can see.

cheers!
Joel K