 Robotics / Spybotics / *46 (-20)
  Re: Programming multiple controllers

(...) got (...) configuration? Bot one must be on Accept commands from ALL channels Mode. Dean (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics spotted at Target

For those that may be waiting to buy Spybotics at your local store, I saw all 4 sets today at my local Target (Dayton, OH). Also, the local Meijer stores have the "Technic" RC Race Buggy 8475. Andy (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: SpyBotics Flyer

Anyone tested the website www.spybotics.com ?? What is the purpose of this site?? What to do? /Martin "Colin White" <cwhite@dbaint.com> wrote in message news:H0HB26.7D9@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) today (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: SpyBotics Flyer

As has been pointed out to me perhaps I should have mentioned one URL that does work, which is: www.spybotics.com However, this is not a support site like the one provided for Mindstorms (www.mindstorms.com). What is confusing here is that the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: SpyBotics Flyer

It's also interesting to note that the URL mentioned in brochure (and on the Lego Spybotics boxes): www.lego.com/spybotics does not work! (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  SpyBotics Flyer

Sorry if this has been posted before, but saw this in my local shop today (URL) lugnet.robotics.spybotics (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Default Programs

It looks like the Spybotic designers strongly focused on the one thing which was appearantly overlooked in the RCX: situational (and peer) awareness. This introduces new concepts like the Here and There and a world of missions and gameplay. Let's (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Controller issues

(...) Well, it turns out I hadn't established a secure channel with my Gigamesh. Or, actually, I had but somehow it ended up back in "respond to all channels" mode. Once I reestablished the secure channel the manas controller only controls it when (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Controller issues

Here are a couple issues regarding my Gigamesh Spybot. I presume it's the same for all of them. 1. The manas controller controller works with the Spybot. That's great. However, it works with the channel set to any of its four positions. That is a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Interesting Mindscript Bits

Here's a few things I've gleaned: Some new opcodes: push n, m // n is ?, m is value to push pop n // n is number of items to pop sound n..ends // define a sound effect tones n, f // n is time, f is frequency? (tone 223 for 10) pauses n // n is time (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Interesting Mindscript Bits

In the same vein, "C:\Program Files\LEGO Software\Products\Sp...nCore.lif" contains (after a binary header) the sourcecode of spybot program for mission "***mission_name***". For example, Critical Countdown mission program begins as : "{ //Critical (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Interesting Mindscript Bits

For those of you that have the Spybotics CD installed on your PC, have a peek here... "Program Files\LEGO Software\Products\Sp...s\Include" Interesting huh? Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybot speed motor control

I really love spybot speed motor control ! A little NQC test program : task main() { int x; SetLED(LED_MODE_BLINK, 0); OnFwd (OUT_A+OUT_B); //Progressive acceleration for (x=0; x<8; x++) { SetPower (OUT_A+OUT_B,x); SetLED(LED_MODE_ON, x); Wait(100); (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics vs Cricket

(...) So with this, it it possible to use the same type of 'proximity' that can be done with the RCX/Light sensor? (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics vs Cricket

(...) I totally agree... The three IR emitters seems to be IR leds with a very wide viewing angle (this kind of package with a flat top can emit on 120°) so a Spybot can be IR-seen all around Philo (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Spybotics vs Cricket

(...) I may definitely be confused. I was looking at the Spybot.h header recently and saw this: const iDirection = 4 //world & target (R/O) const cLeft = 0 //world[nBot,iDirection] & target[iDirection] values const cLeftOfCentre = 1 //here zone only (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: Spybotics vs Cricket

(...) John, I think you may be confused about the IR detectors. There are only two and they are facing forwards. The 2 white parts facing forward and the white part facing backwards are low power IR emitters.... Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Default Programs

John, Thanks for this...I figured it was buried somewhere in there but I caould not find it. Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Default Programs

(...) Buried in the readme file: 5L. USING THE SPYBOTICS BUILT-IN PROGRAM The built-in program in your Spybot works as follows: The built-in program scans the LEDs a couple of times while playing a short tune, prior to starting to move around. When (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: Programming multiple controllers

LEGO said (althow I haven't tried it) that all the IR controllers were compatable. That would mean not only Mana, but also the RC Nitro Flash, which also has three channels. So you can have a Spybot battle a Mana AND a Nitro flash... Steve ----- (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact