 Robotics / Spybotics / 28
Re: Default Programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:09:48 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Philippe Hurbain writes:
I've tried the default program on my Gigamesh yesterday... Describing this
with words is difficult ! The basic behaviour seems indeed to wander about,

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Ralph Hempel writes:
All,

The default programs for the Spybots can be downloaded
from the Spybot Status Screen.

I have two questions...

1. Are they different for each Spybot?
2. Can anyone describe the default program in words?

To me, it looks like the Spybot is programmed to wander around
and bang into stuff!

Buried in the readme file:

5L. USING THE SPYBOTICS BUILT-IN PROGRAM
The built-in program in your Spybot works as follows:
The built-in program scans the LEDs a couple of times while
playing a short tune, prior to starting to move around.
When no target (Spybot or controller) is around, the Spybot
spins, make a twittering sound, moves forward a random
distance, moves a little like a bug, waits, and does this
sequence all over again.
RC controller mode can be used to drive the Spybot around,
overriding the built-in movements.
At any time button 2 can be used to fire the laser.
When a target is detected (such as the controller set to auto
mode), the Spybot advances towards it and tries to get it into
the Here zone, making the magnet sound.
The Spybot can be made to follow a controller (or another
Spybot) at the border between the Here and There zones
(distance around 0.5 metres).
The LED displays a radar showing the target direction.
Button 3 on the controller switches the Spybot behaviour to
Retreat - pressing button 1 again, restores it to Advance.
When retreating the Spybot backs away from any target (Spybot
or controller) in the Here zone, making the repulse sound.
The controller can be used to push the Spybot around.
Pressing buttons 1 & 3 alternately while keeping the controller
in the same position can be used to send the Spybot back and
forwards.
If at any time the Spybot bumper hits something, it makes an
Ouch sound, moves backward and spins.
More than one Spybot or controller can be used with the
built-in program - the nearest is selected as target.

Hope this helps.

John Hansen