 Robotics / Spybotics / 39
Re: Controller issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 02:26:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, John Hansen writes:
1. The manas controller controller works with the Spybot.  That's great.
However, it works with the channel set to any of its four positions.  That
is a little bothersome.

Well, it turns out I hadn't established a secure channel with my Gigamesh.
Or, actually, I had but somehow it ended up back in "respond to all
channels" mode.  Once I reestablished the secure channel the manas
controller only controls it when it is manually set to the correct channel.
That's great.

2. Both the manas controller and the spybot controller are left-right
mirrored from the Spybot motors.  In other words, pressing the left top
button on either controller drives the right motor forward.

It also turns out the Spybot software documents that to turn left you press
the left button (#1)(which drives the right motor forward).  So I guess
that's not so bad.  I'm used to using both motors to execute a turn so it
still feels backwards to me but I gather it was an intentional design
decision geared toward younger users.

John Hansen