 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1386 (-20)
  Re: problems using arrays in NQC

Hi, you have to tell BricxCC/NQC that you are compiling for the RIS 2.0 firmware. To do this, select "RCX2" in the "Searching for the brick" window that appears at startup (you can also make this the default value in Preferences>Startup). (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  problems using arrays in NQC

hi I'm building a lego turing machine and in the code certain data values need to be taken into an integer array. (sepcifically, inputing a binary no. using light sensor and a stack of yellow and black bricks). However, the program didn't compile (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Need help with NQC

I just wrote a program and I can't get it to work. I download it to the RCX and it just runs its motors. I look at the display and push on the bumper and it has those little triagles. So it is not hardware because the RCX reads that the bumper in (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Scout programming

I used BricXCC and the USB tower to program the Scout. I was wondering how the programming was done by NQC. Are the Scout and RCX command sets compatible? How so? Or does NQC translate and assemble differently depending on target brick? There are (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.4 r3 released

This is just a bugfix from 2.4 r2. You can download from the usual place... (URL) Baum (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 or 1.5 (minimum requirements)

Sorry, I don't know if it will run on your system. I only installed it on one machine and hardly use it at all. Dave Baum (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 or 1.5 (minimum requirements)

I'd suggest not worrying about your system being underpowered. If you've ever programmed before you'll probably want to drop the Lego GUI development environment ASAP and switch to something more powerfull. A first step is to try out NQC which your (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 or 1.5 (minimum requirements)

Thank you for the answer, but: Do you have any idea whether my system (366 Mhz PII notebook, 64 MB RAM, but only 2.5 MB Video RAM - where LEGO states 4 MB as necessary) could run the original LEGO 2.0 software? Dirk Schlei (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 or 1.5 (minimum requirements)

The 2.0 firmware is available separately from LEGO as part of the 2.0 SDK. You can use this firmware with a 1.5 set (or even a 1.0 set). If you are not planning on using the Lego software then the only difference between 2.0 and 1.5 is that 2.0 has (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 2.0 or 1.5 (minimum requirements)

A more important consideration is whether USB or Serial is more convenient on your notebook. 1.5 comes with a COM port interface, and the 2.0 comes with a USB interface. USB is a lot better, if you have it. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RIS 2.0 or 1.5 (minimum requirements)

I am going to buy the RIS 2.0, but I am not quite sure if I should better buy the RIS 1.5. That is, because my notebook (366 Mhz PII, 64 MB RAM, but only 2.5 MB Video RAM) does not fully meet the minimum requirements as stated by LEGO (what is (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC release 3.3.4.4

I've released BricxCC version 3.3.4.4. It fixes a timeout problem when trying to find the Cybermaster brick (although not all users experienced this problem). It also fixes some problems on the Color tab of the Preferences dialog. It fixes the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New version of NQCEdit

Version 1.6 of NQCEdit is now released. This program is a front-end IDE for the NQC command line compiler that offers syntax coloring. NQCEdit is able to do most of the things that NQC is capable of: - Compile program for all targets - Download (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) It looks like the "slowness on shutdown" that I was experiencing when I closed BricxCC while multiple editor windows were open was causing access violations on your machine. What was happening was the code explorer would kick off a thread to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

hi John, getting the latest video driver (Geforce 2MX, driver DetonatorXP v23.11) didn't help :-(, but .... you're new version 3.3.3.9 DID help :-) So thanks again ! I can't see any relevant changes from your "enhancements" list, but maybe you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC release 3.3.3.9

I've released another version of BricxCC (3.3.3.9). In this release: 1) Fixes to Cybermaster-specific items on the Watch window and graph 2) Fixed slow shutdown caused by Code Explorer 3) Added hints on Code Explorer preferences dialog to help (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) I'm afraid this may have something to do with Win98 and ImageLists. It sounds like it might be a video driver bug as well. Make sure you have the very latest driver for your video card. I'm debating about going back to using bitmaps rather (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

hi John, >>To day I had an even stranger experiences: > 5. Use Explorer to search your computer for *.dsk files and delete any that > are obviously NQC-related (they will have the same file name as your .NQC > files except with the .DSK extension). (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) Try this. 1. Delete the BricxCC key from the Registry (HKCU/Software/BricxCC). 2. Run BricxCC and bring up the Preferences dialog. 3. Make sure the "Autosave Options/Project Desktop" checkbox is NOT checked. 4. Close BricxCC. 5. Use Explorer (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Communication between 2 Robots - Movement transmition

Hi! I am a new member of your community, and i would like to ask the following question. Please excuse me if something similar has been already posted in the past, but i performed a seach in the previous posts and i did not found any answer to my (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact