 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1385
1384  |  1386
Subject:
problems using arrays in NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:48:06 GMT

hi
I'm building a lego turing machine and in the code certain data values need
to be taken into an integer array. (sepcifically, inputing a binary no.
using light sensor and a stack of yellow and black bricks). However, the
program didn't compile (bricxcc build 3.3.4.2) with the error message that
RCX does not support arrays.
In the Help it says "The RCX2 target supports arrays (the other targets do
not have suitable support in firmware for arrays)."
I'm running the RCX2 firmware i.e. firm0328.lgo but I have a RCX 1.5 (it
says 1.0). I checked a site that says when it asks for rcx2 this is the
firmware you need. But it gives me the error still. Can anyone in the know
pls. help me out?

Also I have another problem. In  bricxcc when i press F9 it gives me a list
of functions i can use. But when i try and use SetUserDisplay() it says
undefined function. I need this to display a number on the LCD screen. Is
there something I need to initialize before this? Why doesn't the following
code segment work?

task main()
{
SetUserDisplay (1011, 0);
}

Pls. reply if you know where I've messed up. Thanks a lot.

regards
aatish
aatish@mac.com
aatish.0catch.com