 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1380
Re: RIS 2.0 or 1.5 (minimum requirements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:06:47 GMT

I'd suggest not worrying about your system being underpowered.  If you've ever
programmed before you'll probably want to drop the Lego GUI development
environment ASAP and switch to something more powerfull.  A first step is to
try out NQC which your laptop has way more then enough power to handle.  You
should also have no trouble handling legOS or other alternatives.  As far as
which set to get I'd suggest trying to get a 1.0 set on e-bay, it has a port
for external power and seiral IR tower.  Also if you're lucky you can pick it
up for $100-$150.

mark

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dirk Schlei writes:
Thank you for the answer, but:

Do you have any idea whether my system (366 Mhz PII notebook, 64 MB RAM, but
only 2.5 MB Video RAM - where LEGO states 4 MB as necessary) could run the
original LEGO 2.0 software?

Dirk Schlei