 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1321
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:57:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Guido Heunen writes:
"the upper right restore/maximize button still doesn't work" is the button
of the Main Window. The child window is working OK.

Hmmm.  I'm guessing here.  Does your main window fill the entire screen when
it starts up?  Does the restore/maximize button contain an image that looks
like a box with a dark black bar across the top?  Or does the
restore/maximize button contain an image that looks like two overlapping
boxes with dark black bars on the top of each one?  Does the button look
pressed when you click on it with the mouse?  Does the image switch between
the single box and the two overlapped boxes when you click on it?  Does the
size of the window remain unchanged when you click on the button (i.e., it
continues to look as if it were maximized)?  If I've guessed right then try
the following procedure:

1. Start BricxCC.
2. Check that the restore/maximize button looks like a single box.
3. Click and drag on the title bar diagonally downward to the left.
4. If the window moves then it wasn't really maximized (even though it
looked like it was).
5. Now that you can see the top and right edge of the window resize the
window to a much smaller size (i.e., one that doesn't fill the entire screen).
6. Exit BricxCC.
7. Start BricxCC.
8. The window should now startup with the size and position it was in when
you exited in step 7.
9. Click the restore/maximize button to verify that it does maximize and
restore your window.
10. Now you should be able to exit with the window maximized and not have
the problems you were previously having.

Older releases of BricxCC were saving the maximized size but not the
maximized state which caused weird problems to occur (which might be what
you are experiencing).

I made also an mistake on the tree request:
It should be variables (and not parameters).

Variables may eventually be added to the tree.  At present I'm not doing a
terribly fancy parse of the code and in order to get variables into the tree
I'd have to check for matching braces, etc...

Thanks,

John Hansen