 Robotics / RCX / legOS / Search Results: Mac BrickOS
 Results 661 – 680 of 789.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Problem with dll putting a program on the RCX.

I have determined that the problem I had with uploading a program to the RCX is a bug in either the dll program or the kernel of version brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2. I setup and compiled version legOS-0.2.5 without any problems, compiled and uploaded (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: LEGO remote controller problem

(...) Great. (...) I use h8300-hms-gcc-3.1-1.i386.rpm h8300-hms-binutils-2...1.i386.rpm but I never heard from anyone that some gcc version produces a bad brickOS system. Strange, indeed. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Mark, Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to figure out how to do that, but I don't know enough about the IR messages and baud control of BrickOS to do it myself. (...) I don't know if this is printed anywhere, but here's some more info (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: Help w/install _or_ It all went so well

(...) [...] (...) Well it looks like the gcc-version-problem I had. The gcc >=3.x do not allow multiline strins without "\" anymore, which are still uses in brickos. So my hint is to install a gcc 2.95 and everything should work fine... Note: This (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: Strange RCX startup issues

(...) This was only a problem when using certain firmware downloaders. If you use firmdl3, then you should be fine. (...) As far as I can tell, I don't think there is any provision in BrickOS to call the constructors and destructors of globals & (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: LEGO remote controller problem

"Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de> wrote in message news:HIqqFv.1Iwz@lugnet.com... (...) starting (...) I think the call to lr_shutdown() in Christian's program clobbered things such that the remote may no longer be useable unless the power (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: strange motor behaviour

(...) The problem is that the upper memory area (0xf000-0xf800) is connected to both RAM and motor output. Every byte written here is also interpreted as motor command. The latest CVS version of BrickOS has fixed this (this memory is written only (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: earlier version of binutils?

(...) Hi again, I've got it working now, thanks to help from Jochen Hoenicke and Peter Gammie. I've posted my notes on the process here, if anyone is interested: (URL) now I've got a new problem... Everything was working great for about a day, but (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: Proposals, Bug Fixes, etc and tracking them with SourceForge

And don't forget: We need a new NAME!!! There is no reference to legOS on the LEGO MINDSTORMS homepage. I understand their reason for this but it would be good for brickOS (formerly known as legOS) to get more popular. Mike (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  DISTRIBUTED/PARALLEL CLUSTER for legOS through n*RCX

Hi all. I'm taking a course on parallel/distributed operating systems. So this post attempts to find out if someone has thought, or has implemented some kind of distributed application over BrickOS/legOS (from now legOS, for this post). I know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: Help with lnp

(...) We finally decided to take the time and use Linux to try and get lnpd working. Although we are not familiar with Linux, our professors are helping us. Our main problem now though is the installation of brickOS. I know this should be an obvious (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Use of LNP under Windows

Hello I'd like to send sensor values from the RCX to my PC. In this forum I've read that I can do this with the help of LNPD. The OS on my PC is Win 2000, I'm using Cygwin to compile my BrickOS programs, my IR-Tower is connected to an USB port. Is (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  I cannot send more than 6 bytes with lnpd

I'm trying to send some data from the RCX to my computer, using lnpd, but I have the following problem: it seems that I cannot send more than 6/7 bytes, because after this limit I have a lot of errors from lpnd (see the log below). The tower and the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: small patch to build dll on linux

John, I believe I have a good solution. I ran a test both under Win98 and a forced Linux OS (set OSTYPE=LINUX in makefiles). Below is a patch file for the current CVS version of brickOS. As soon as I get confirmation that this does fix my bug I will (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Problem with makefile

Hello! I have a problem with making a program, which consists of some sourcefiles. I copied the Makefile out of the demo/c++ folder into my project directory and changed the paths, so that the included Makefiles and the brickOS directory can be (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: Help with lnp

To all, Paolo has done some work with upgrading the lnpd software to run under cygwin. You can search the newsgroup for information about this. And I have taken this work and I am working to bring it back into the brickOS code source. But I am (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: GCC 3.4.6 vs. 4.4.1

Hi, (...) I would just like to add that this matches my experiences, although using some 4.0 version of GCC at that time: I wasn't able to produce working programs (not even sure about BrickOS kernel) using any GCC version newer than 3.4.6. This is (...) (15 years ago, 16-Sep-09, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  API DOCUMENTATION FOR DOWNLOAD

Hi there. I'm working on a project that requires to have a clear picture of how the kernel is actually orginized, and of course, the API. So, I've found a quite good link where the picture is clear: (URL) the problem is that I actually does not have (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: train precision

(...) hi Steve, I think the problem is not exactly the same. The lego technic motors run always at the same speed so you need to use that kind of schema for speed control in robots. The train motors are different, they have a speed proportional to (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

  Re: navigation and communication

(...) We have worked with a big chart with black crosses on a white wooden surface. This works pretty well, since with the reflection of the light of the LED, black and white can be easily recognised. Then the ambient light has not a big influence. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 1.743)

More:  Next Page >>