 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *834 (-20)
  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

I applied the patch manually (ok. I admit it was fairly obvious where the changes had to be made) Maby I made a mistake applying the patch or something as I still get Collission errors. I tried two IR towers in both near and far mode, still the same (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) hmm, once again it looks like we need a public place to exchange such things.. is anybody still looking after the sourceforge stuff ? (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How about LegOS & IR "long range"?

Well. It's a bit strange that under LegOS you "must" work only in "near"/"short range" mode. So I've modified my kernel to work always in "far" or "long range" mode (that works with near too)... Now I'm able to upload kernel and .lx to my RCX placed (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Martin's Patch for LNPD and the LEGO Remote

Interestingly enough, this patch makes it possible for me to modify the code inside lnpd to allow it to receive signals from the Lego Remote (9738). Prior to the patch, I was getting a framing error whenever the remote sent a message with a single (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  (fwd) Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

The problem is that lines in Martin's original message got folded over by email. You'll have to bring the patch into an editor and combine lines 8 and 9 of the original post (be sure there is a space between "..time, " and "tx _..." Then combine the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) Pardon, Mike, i should have anticipated that, because i had the same problem when i first tried to apply a patch. The usage of patch is a little uncommon: You have to provide the patch through stdin !. Thus, i'd suggest the following (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

No matter what I do (opening the window, turning on more lights etc) I can't get the tower to stop seeing collissions. I must admit that IR reflects so well in my house that the TV remote works form other rooms. So I tried loading your patch (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) i had never seen this interesting effect, because i always had my tower in near mode, where it only happens if you put the tower straight in front of a wall. I suspect it's a little more complex to explain what happens here, because the tower (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Windows NT Success Story!

Thanks a lot for this really helpful and detailed post! Especially thanks for making the result of your success story available for download. This allowed me to simply download the whole thing and start experimenting with legOS applications rather (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: LNP Example please

I have observed the same behavior... only by night. I think it must be the tower receiving echoes of its own packets. The sollution: place the tower far away from objects that can reflect light (including yourself). I also changed the tower battery (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

*Embarrased look* sorry I shouldn't of missed that.. Sorry to hassle you but I am stuck yet again. The lnptest program just records collision after collision. I have no other IR devices in the area (as far as I know anyway) It doesn't display any of (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: static version of lnpd uploaded to arthudent

(...) Should be up now. Sorry about the delay- I haven't been home in slightly over 24 hours :) -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Tactical Robot - A robot that play a board game REALLY!!!

-- ___...___ Ferrara Francesco Jeffrey Baldwin <Heatwaaave@aol.com> wrote in message news:FpGE5u.B4w@lugnet.com... (...) know (...) TAR Know when it win, and make some sounds when it is in advantage... (relative to its score!) I have spent 2-3 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) Well, it's mentioned in the README ;-), but obviously not detailed enough. The problem is: the dynamic loader doesn't find the library you linked against. The dynamic loader is a program that is started whenever you execute a dynamically (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

Just updated my libc version (I love apt-get on debian linux... woohoo... it took about 30 seconds to update about 6 core applications on my system with a single simple command !!) Ok. it now complies without a problem and lnp also appears to run (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  static version of lnpd uploaded to arthudent

Because of several reports about compiling problems with lnpd, i made a static version and uploaded it to arthurdent. It's quite fat: 373942 bytes, compared to the dynamic, which is 21352, but we all have at least 512 Megs, don't we ? I guess it (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

(...) you are probably using an older version of glibc, which doesn't have the argp stuff. This has been reported several times, and i begin to think it was a bad decision to use this interface instead of getopt(). However, it's so easy to use... If (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: using the remote control with legOS

it would be nice to be able to use both LNP and remote control (advance tactical robots) I wrote last night a small win prog to figure out how the remote is talking and this is it: +++ // LEGO REMOTE CONTROL (#9738 = ~20 USD) FOR RCX MESSAGE (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP Example please

Just tell me if I am been lazy but I can't find the argp.h file anywhere. abacus:~/lego/lnpd+liblnp$ make depend for i in lnpd liblnp applications ; do make -C $i depend || exit -1 ; done make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mike/lego/lnp...blnp/lnpd' (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Too many sensors

(...) uhh, it looks i missed something quite important - how do you accomplish that ? --Martin (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact