 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *674 (-20)
  Re: firmdl3 on Winnt - no more problems!

(...) NQC sends a command over the IR to what it expects to be the stock Mindstorms firmware. I know the `-d' option always reports the battery voltage so that may be it. In any case, it's not a problem, just ignore it. In my experience `nqc (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: firmdl3 on Winnt - no more problems!

Hello Paolo, Would you mind sharing that binary executable of firmdl3 ??? Maybe Kekoa should make executables available on his site? I tried using NQC -firmware but got "RCX not responding" after what appeared to be a successful download. Thanks, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Command Line Length (and more)

Steven Vore <svore@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:FoHy1L.G3p@lugnet.com... (...) I think the problem is in the make program. If I put the same command in a batch file (fully expanded command line) it works (both with command.com and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Command Line Length (and more)

(...) IIRC, command.com imposes that length limit (I'm assuming you're on a PC here). -Steven (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) Hmmm, I tried to download, and the RAR files are corrupted... am using the latest WinRAR... I would appreciate if the archives were available in other formats too, as I don't want to have to but WinRAR when I have other archivers already. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Command Line Length (and more)

It looks like I have most of the problems solved. However, one serious problem seems to be related to the length of the command line. Either "make" or the OS is truncating the command line to about 127 characters. This causes several module builds (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) This seems very interesting! But I fear that having two different C development environments will split the development efforts... As a developer I wouldn't want to have to write my code for two platforms, so it would be nice to have some (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Make and dependencies

I just double checked my setting. Unfortunately, that was not the problem. Since it can find the compiler and build the .o files with no problem, TOOLPREFIX is definately set properly. Thanks anyway. Ben Jackson <ben@ben.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Make and dependencies

(...) When I first built legOS I discovered that I had TOOLPREFIX set wrong (Makefile.common) and gmake appeared to be ignoring rules for which the tools could not be found. So `cd boot; gmake legOS.srec' would fail with `no rule to make legOS.dis2' (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Make and dependencies

Perhaps I don't understand what needs to be done to get "make depend" to work properly. I'm working on a Win95 box. After exectuting this command for the kernel (in the boot directory) I do not end up with a complete ".depend" file. I get the error (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  0.2.3 bug report

If there are touch sensors pressed at the time the RCX is turned off there will be some semi-random junk left on the LCD display. If you power on the display is fixed, and you can remove/release the sensors, turn the RCX off and get a blank display. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  firmdl3 on Winnt - no more problems!

Finally I got a firmdl3 version that FULLY works on Winnt, both in slow and fast mode! No more "write: permission denied" or "read: permission denied" problems... No more interrupted downloads at all on my system (NTWS 4 SP6a). Note: I've not tested (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: InstallShield for legOS

  Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

Having trouble getting the Hitachi H8 Mindstorm firmware compiler to run on a W95 platform? Francesco Ferrara has a ready to run installation on his website! (URL) . Download, un-rar, add c:\qc\bin to your path and you're all set. You can have your (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  LegOS Firmware Problem

I'm using LegOS 0.2.3 under a Slackware 7 Linux install and everything seemed to work perfectly to begin with. I've recently tried altering the kernel a bit -- everything compiled fine as far as I could tell. When I tried to use firmdl3 to download (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: PRGM button - am I missing something?

(...) Yep, the option order was the problem on Windows. getopt does indeed happily ignores any options found after the first non-option. Thanks again! -Jeff p.s. And don't worry, I can take any Windows jabs you have to offer - I've heard 'em all. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: InstallShield for legOS

"Peter Tewkesbury" <PJTewkesbury@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fo9syx.Ew7@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) the (...) a (...) compile (...) Why not use one of the many existing IDEs for this sort of stuff? Most programmers editors (emacs, vi (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: InstallShield for legOS

Hi, I am new to RCX coding, and Legos, but I an a professional Developer for Windows (9x & NT). I was thinking about puting together a small IDE. Off the top my head, it whould include project management (Keep track of files in a program), Syntax (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  VLL Transmit for RCX (was: Micro Scout programming with VLL bar code: HOWTO)

(...) hook up a light sensor, initialize it, and then use vll_send(code) to transmit. The little red LED on the light sensor blinks furiously. The Scout still does this far faster (about 3x) but it probably has some special hardware (not the least (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Re: InstallShield for legOS

(...) Ah, that's the mistake I had made. Looking closer, am I correct in assuming that Cygwin is only required to build the cross compiler? What about the utility program such as firmdll.exe? We can ignore the need to compile the cross-compiler. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact