 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 658
Re: InstallShield for legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:52:32 GMT

"Peter Tewkesbury" <PJTewkesbury@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Fo9syx.Ew7@lugnet.com...
Hi, I am new to RCX coding, and Legos, but I an a professional Developer • for
Windows (9x & NT). I was thinking about puting together a small IDE. Off • the
top my head, it whould include project management (Keep track of files in • a
program), Syntax HiLighting editor, Build options with options to show • compile
error & source code line, RCX Download & query etc.

Why not use one of the many existing IDEs for this sort of stuff?  Most
programmers editors (emacs, vi clones, CodeWright, SlickEdit, etc) make it
easy to do builds from inside of the editor and do syntax highlighting.  If
you don't want to use Makefiles for building then you could use the Visual
Studio editor (or another editor with its own project management), or build
project management features into macros for an existing well-used editor
such as emacs.

When I get home I can put up the vile macros that I use which accomplish
everything here but the project management.  I use make for that.

alex