 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *374 (-20)
  Re: Handy Board software

take a look at Ray's Robotic Computer. i have a url somewhere. This dude makes a 68HC11 mini board in modules from his basement. Completely assembled and tested versions too. I found him through altavista a couple of times +breiler (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HOWTO- temporary URL

Hey! I finally have the HOWTO back up at a temporary URL- (URL) old URL may be back up as soon as this evening or afternoon, but in the meantime, please point your browsers here. Thanks for putting up with me- Luis P.S. I hope to make several (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to unzip (or bunzip2) legOS-990330.tar.bz2

I didn't even try, since the other things on the site didn't work. I got it from the site of Luis's howto.I wonder if the site will ever be fixed Frederick N. Brier wrote in message <37C3B4DC.B27D3028@m...ck.com>... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  new release???

Hi, I've been wondering why there hasn't been put out a newer release than 990330, especially since the rotation sensors doesn't work in it. But the error was identified way back in April by Mario Ferrari ((URL) STATE_0_VALUE (ds_unscale(1023U)) ... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  HOWTO news :(

I just got back from vacation 2-3 hrs ago, and have just found out that the school cleared our one-year name leases while I was gone. As a result, the HOWTO at arthurdent.dorm.duke.edu has been unavailable for several days (not quite sure how long (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Unable to unzip (or bunzip2) legOS-990330.tar.bz2

Has anyone else had a problem downloading and unzipping the current snapshot (legOS-990330.tar.bz2)? This was from the URL: (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Where'd the HOWTO document go?

Hi, Where's Luis Villa's HOWTO document? This is the URL I have for it: (URL) that server seems to have disappeared. Anyone know of a new home for this document? Thanks, Jonathan (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random()

(...) extern long int random (void); Looks like -2^31 to 2^31-1 to me, unless you cast to unsigned int. Or does liberty use 16-bit ints internally? Why not write a short test program to check this out? And why doesn't LegOS use a wrapper around the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  random()

What is the range of values returned from random()? Thanks, Jonathan (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Handy Board software

(...) They're both really decent 8bit micros. Similar IO capabilities, and I think the HC11 has better timers, but only 8 bit A/D. I've worked a LOT with the HC11 and it's really a good part. (...) Beleive it or not, there is a FORTH for the HC11 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Handy Board software

(...) They're both 8-bit microcontrollers with a roughly similar set of peripheral functions (timer, ACD, serial port, etc). But the similarity ends there. The programming model for the H8 is compltely different from the 68xx series. (...) I don't (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Handy Board software

Over the past few months, I've been reading with great interest many of the exciting things people here have written about the Handy Board... (10 URLs) I'm really starting to think that one of these would be a great addition to my LEGO collection. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: egcs download problem

I got it from luis' site, but the version there doesn't support c++, and legos needs c++, doesn't it? John Bauman wrote in message ... (...) compiler (...) (25 years ago, 8-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  egcs download problem

Has anyone else had this problem?I went to download the linux egcs compiler from the legOS site.I downloaded right, but it only downloaded ~2 megs, while the page said it was supposed to download ~3megs. Later, when i tried to bunzip(with bunzip2, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP - lets get coding.

(...) Regarding where to go from here, if you step up to do the coding, I believe where to go is up to you. I don't know if that is how it usually works, but I certainly wouldn't want to be coding up something I am not happy with, so I would expect (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP - lets get coding.

(...) I have just grabbed a copy - will have a look! Where do you suggest we go from here? I'm up for creating an initial API and getting some code cut (Within my limits - I know little/nothing about Linux & MacOS, and as yes LegOS). However, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP - lets get coding.

(...) No, you didn't - I just didn't wanted to make sure I wasn't :) (...) This has already been done, for Librcx at least; don't know if anybody took a look at the code I put at: (URL) mentioned wanting to maybe take a look at that; porting to (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP - lets get coding.

(...) Hi, Didn't mean to come across as arguing - sorry if I did! As you say, lets get coding LNP (My assumption is that the coding bit hasn't started yet, if it has, please accept my apologies & let me know how it is going!). I guess the things (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  emulegOS: quick bug fixes

I received this message by Mark Falco: (...) The site is now updated and emulegOS_unix.zip contains the new patched versions of ir-rover.cpp and irclient.tcl. The URL is: (URL) Mark Mario (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: LNP Repost

(...) I think Kekoa means that we should calculate the CRC16 and use only the high byte in the message, to save space. If we then tag the low byte on later, the old code expecting only the high byte won't break.... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact