 Robotics / 6670
Re: Handy Board software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:16:27 GMT

take a look at Ray's Robotic Computer. i have a url somewhere. This
dude makes a 68HC11 mini board in modules from his basement.
Completely assembled and tested versions too.

I found him through altavista a couple of times

+breiler

lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

Over the past few months, I've been reading with great interest many of the
exciting things people here have written about the Handy Board...

  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=2204
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=2259
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=2273
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3014
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3115
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3136
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3324
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=5522
  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=5634
  http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/hb/hbfaq.txt

...and I'm really starting to think that one of these would be a great
addition to my LEGO collection.  Before I drool miles of drool, I have some
questions...

* How different (or similar) are the Hitachi H8/300 and the Motorola 68HC11
CPU and I/O architectures?

* Is there any firmware for the Handy Board which allows it to run RCX Code
or NQC programs?  That is, software for the Handy Board which emulates the
default RCX bytecode-interpreter firmware?

* Is anyone considering adding Handy Board support to legOS?

* Is anyone considering adding legOS support to Handy Board?

* Is Handy Board a whole separate world, or is it slowly converging with the
RCX world (among adult enthusiasts online)?

--Todd