 Robotics / 6368
Re: Handy Board software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:47:16 GMT

Hello Todd - -
Welcome to the world of the HandyBoard!  I think that you'll find that
the HB fits in well with your LEGOs and RCX.  I like mine so well that
I ordered my second HB & expansion board this past weekend.  Now my
RCXs won't have my HBs outnumbered.

Dave has already more than adequately answered your questions.  Thanks
to Dave Baum for NQC and Mark Overmars for RCX-CC ... they have made my
RCX experience much more enjoyable.

I've recently started using a different method for integrating my HB
with my 'bots.  I bought 2 HB enclosures from Mouser (537-402-__ for
US$6.52 each).  One is mounted to a plywood 'bot using double sided
servo tape ... the other one and my original use servo tape to attach
two 2X10 LEGO plates to their bottoms.  Now I can move the HB from one
'bot to another by just removing/replacing 3 screws (don't use the
one on the upper right since it's covered by the expansion board).
Now I've got a more secure mounting system.  I've also added high
current DC connectors between the board and the battery pack to
simplify having a spare pack.  The polarized connectors are available
at any hobby store that has R/C buggys and trucks or Tower Hobbies.

    http://www.mouser.com/
    http://www.towerhobbies.com/

Have fun,
- Nick -

Todd Lehman wrote:
[snip]
Over the past few months, I've been reading with great interest many of the
exciting things people here have written about the Handy Board...

...and I'm really starting to think that one of these would be a great
addition to my LEGO collection.  Before I drool miles of drool, I have some
questions...

--Todd