 Robotics / 6144
6143  |  6145
Subject:
Handy Board software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 01:01:22 GMT

Over the past few months, I've been reading with great interest many of the
exciting things people here have written about the Handy Board...

   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=2204
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=2259
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=2273
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3014
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3115
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3136
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=3324
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=5522
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=5634
   http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/hb/hbfaq.txt

...and I'm really starting to think that one of these would be a great
addition to my LEGO collection.  Before I drool miles of drool, I have some
questions...

* How different (or similar) are the Hitachi H8/300 and the Motorola 68HC11
  CPU and I/O architectures?

* Is there any firmware for the Handy Board which allows it to run RCX Code
  or NQC programs?  That is, software for the Handy Board which emulates the
  default RCX bytecode-interpreter firmware?

* Is anyone considering adding Handy Board support to legOS?

* Is anyone considering adding legOS support to Handy Board?

* Is Handy Board a whole separate world, or is it slowly converging with the
  RCX world (among adult enthusiasts online)?

--Todd