 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 359
Re: LNP - lets get coding.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 19:08:48 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Kekoa Proudfoot writes:

1) Line level protocol (Basic frame rx/tx with collision detection, CRC
work etc.). Has provision to send messages on request, and passes rx'ed
messages with good CRC etc. up to higher level. (i.e. it performs the
basic MAC level).

This has already been done, for Librcx at least; don't know if anybody took
a look at the code I put at:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/driver/

Somebody mentioned wanting to maybe take a look at that; porting to LegOS
can't take more than a day (since it didn't take more that a day to write)
:)
I have just grabbed a copy - will have a look!

Where do you suggest we go from here? I'm up for creating an initial API and
getting some code cut (Within my limits - I know little/nothing about
Linux & MacOS, and as yes LegOS). However, I'm new to this concept of
"community software" and don't wish to be seen as comming in with my size 11
boots on & taking over?

Thoughts?

Kevin.