 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 150
Re: LNP Repost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:35:27 GMT

"Jacob S. Barrett" wrote:

Those are some really good points, but I am still concerned about the
complexity and overhead of implementing IPC on the lego.  Since resources
are so limited it might just be easier to use shared memory and semaphores
to communicate.  On the other hand we could have a network protocol stack
and an IPC stack.  Since they really don't have any real need to be
together.  That would leave the LNP stack with all its ports free for
network communication, then those who need IPC could compile in IPC.

Indeed.  I just figured that since the infrastructure would already be
there for networking, it would be elegant to use the same for IPC.  As
you said, they don't actually need to be integrated.  Then, there is
your point about compiling in LNP or IPC without the other.

Lets keep it going... Comment time...

Indeed.  It feels like it is just you and me in here.