 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 360
Re: LNP - lets get coding.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 22:01:36 GMT

Kevin Baker <kevin.baker@racalitsec.com> wrote:
I have just grabbed a copy - will have a look!

Where do you suggest we go from here? I'm up for creating an initial API and
getting some code cut (Within my limits - I know little/nothing about
Linux & MacOS, and as yes LegOS). However, I'm new to this concept of
"community software" and don't wish to be seen as comming in with my size 11
boots on & taking over?

Regarding where to go from here, if you step up to do the coding, I believe
where to go is up to you.  I don't know if that is how it usually works,
but I certainly wouldn't want to be coding up something I am not happy
with, so I would expect to have a good amount of leeway if I were doing the
coding.  Regarding my code, which was written for a different RCX library,
feel free to apply it as appropriate, from ignoring it, to using it for
hints, to porting it to LegOS.  If I were doing the coding, which I am not,
I would port the code to LegOS then build the LNP on top of the port.

On the PC/Mac/Unix side of things, the code is very similar to previous
code that people have written to talk to the RCX, so you can probably use
that other code as a starting point also.

-Kekoa