 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2199 (-20)
  Re: Measuring robot turn angle

(...) Robert, I have been playing with this problem a bit. Another approach is to power each tread with a separate motor, use a differential assembly to add the shaft rotation from both sides and use a rotation sensor to 'control' to a zero (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB, Windows, legOS

Hi Don and Aaron, Any chance of sending me the patches for the USB Tower to work under Cygwin. I may be able to help get the patches working. I have some experience with Win95/98/2K. Dave W. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Measuring robot turn angle

The drive system in my robot is an adder-subtractor (see (URL) which uses two differentials in order to get equalized forward/reverse drive while allowing turning and pivoting (turning in place). For navigational purposes, the robot should be able (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Configuring LegOS with USB tower under Win2K.

Hi Everyone, Does anyone have any info. on setting up and using the new USB tower with Cygwin and the H8 cross-compiler for LegOS under Win2K. These are the instructions I am currently following :- (URL) would also be very grateful for any more (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux driver for USB Tower

Have a look at: (URL) I'm not involved! (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linux driver for USB Tower

Hi all, is anybody developing a Linux driver for the USB Tower shipped with Mindstorms 2.0. Stewart (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Driving R/C servos and interrupt latencies

Hi, I finally succeeded in driving up to 7 R/C servos from the RCX using a shift register and a re-triggerable monostable (for synchronization) all driven from the FTOA output line (senor B, AC coupled into a transistor) . This involved switching (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Dave Chen's Function List

Dave Chen's Function List (Published on lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos on April 16 2000) Very useful!! Thks. Regards -- CarlosLuis Rendón M. Network Manager (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VC++6 and LegOS

Definitely it works. Thanks steve. Regards. -- CarlosLuis Rendón M. Network Manager "Steve Hassenplug" <steveh@mailcode.com> escribió en el mensaje news:GpBrn5.6nL@lugnet.com... (...) arguments' (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: VC++6 and LegOS

I have my Visual Studio set up so I can make programs, download programs, and download firmware all from the 'tools' menu in VS (VC++). So far, the only thing I'm not set up for is editing the 'makefile' file. Under 'Tools>Customize...' select the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  remote control using PIC16F877

Hello everyone. I've just developed a remote control for the RCX using the PIC16F877. It's very useful due to the fact that it does not need a computer, but still needs the ir tower (the serial one, sorry I'll try to adapt the project tu use the new (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

I've got 2 be honest: I'm new in LegOS, but I've had a similar problem. I decided to create a new project (inside de /demo dir) and I couldn't compile at the beginning, but I edited the file .depend and I copied the last section (the one for rover) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  VC++6 and LegOS

Hi, I'd like 2 know if there's a way to integrate VC++ 6 and LegOS, not 4 debugging, but for use VC as editor (very good as editor) and then just compile inside the IDE??? -- CarlosLuis Rendón M. Network Manager (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD: communication between clients

(...) Great, thank you very much. Btw, didn't you diff in reverse order (I grabbed version 1.2.4.2)? The lines to add begin with "-"... Eric (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD: communication between clients

In adding LNP support to EmuLegOS I needed this feature in the lnpd. If you grab EmuLegos there is a patch for lnpd that will add the feature you are looking for. The patch has nothing to do with EmuLegOS so you can apply it without setting up the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: host address

(...) Do you have a patch? (...) I'm writing a compiler (automaton model of the robot to C). With dynamic addresses, it could manage an "addresses pool", and simply add a call to change the address when the program starts... On the other hand, if (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: host address

Eric, see the thread started by Zhengrong Zhang on 11/5/01 about this. short: we can't find any compelling reason to hardcode the address. I'm not sure about Zhengrong, but I've modified my copy of LegOS to support "dynamic" addresses (i.e. can (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

Hi Steve, (...) Yes. Actually, I am working on a robot that finds a path trough a maze. After solving the maze, a second program can run through the maze with the informations from the first program. (I will do this with shared mem). Both programs (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNPD: communication between clients

It seems that when a client of lnpd sends data to the IR tower, these are not sent to the other clients connected to the daemon. Unfortunately, I really need this feature... So I tried to call "deliver_packet(tx_buffer, tx_end-tx_buffer);" in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to make shared memory....not

(...) Yes, I'm sure I can. And I think it would be 'safer' that way. But Mike's idea about functions sounds interesting. I don't really have any idea about how I would use that in a real program, but it sure sounds interesting. Steve (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact