 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *1759 (-20)
  Re: video game type thing...

(...) No, it will not. Functions don't work like that, in general. If you want to call a function and have it run independently of the calling function, you must use execi() to start it. (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

Thanks for the response! Now I'm almost ready to test it. I just need to know if, when you have a call void function, and you then use the int main() to close the program with return 0;, will the void keep running? Here's my current copy, without (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

Thanks for the response! Now I'm almost ready to test it. I just need to know if, when you have a call void function, and you then use the int main() to close the program with return 0;, will the void keep running? Thanks Nick Howell (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: video game type thing...

(...) I think you mean if (enemy == 1). Also, the identifier "fight" resolves to the address of the fight function. Doing "fight;" is equivalent to doing "1;". It's legal, but it doesn't accomplish anything. You want to do "fight();" and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  video game type thing...

I'm building a video game type thing. It has three touch sensors, for left, right, and fire. The LCD controls where the enemy is. I'm having some problems with my code, so here it is(I'm using kernel 0.2.4): #include "conio.h" #include "dmotor.h" (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

(...) The limit is in the checksum routine built into the RCX - it only does a sum up to 0xCC00! So you may need to fiddle with firmdl to allow a larger SREC image, but only checksum up to 0xcc00. Hope this helps. Ralph Hempel (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  ROM Firmware size limit? Firmdl bug?

Hi! I'm using legOS 0.2.4 on Cygwin, and since memory is tight, I thought I'd try statically compiling my program to an .srec file, and using firmdl3 to download it, since I can do without the keys,conio,task, and memory managment stuff. This works (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS papers?

The kernel documentation by Stig Nielsson references two papers that I have been unable to find by websearch: MK Christiansen, MH Pedersen, and T. Glaesner Solving the priority inversion problem in legos Technical Report, AUC, 2000 L Christensen, ST (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: compiling the kernel.

Hi Ciaran, Ciaran Jessup <ciaranjessup@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:G9qF59.46r@lugnet.com... (...) came (...) No, it can't find genlds because it's not using the path - it's only looking in /legos/util/. This seems to indicate you haven't (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compiling the kernel.

hi, I'm trying to 'adjust' my kernel so it doesn't have sound support, or rotation sensor support, so I adjusted the config.h file, an went to legos root, make realclean; make .....and it came up with the following error (this is taken from a run (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Simple RCX-PC communication

Ciaran Jessup wrote [snipped]: (...) Thanks for the offer, but after posting my question I decided to have a go at writing my own java solution, and having done so, I also like mine. Looks like all those software reuse lectures I took were wasted on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  showing my ignorance of makefiles :)

Hi, once again a stupid problem :) .. I've just moved all my code over from procedural C , to nice object orientated C++ legos code... the problem is... how does one compile in more than one file, at the minute I get around it by including my files (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: MOC: Tower crane

Hi all I posted this everywhere else, then realised maybe some of you here might be interested. It's not a robot, but uses 2 RCXs running legOS as controllers. It's my first major project using legOS! Regards, ROSCO (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: A humble contribution to the community

(...) now I can just go straight to your page! Together with the Windows version by Rossz Vámos-Wentworth at (URL) (I still haven't got around to trying this Rossz), we can install easily on both platforms! (...) Aren't they always 8?) ROSCO (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  A humble contribution to the community

Having installed legOS on a couple of machines and always having trouble remembering the most basic of command i have made this page (URL) that i (and whoever else might need some help) can easily do it again. Considered that we might be having some (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: almost made it, but need help..again :)

(...) Your problem is not the .so file (hasn't got to linking stage yet), but the .h file. You need to do: gcc -I/path/of/lnplib/includes name.c -o name or put the full path to lnplib.h in the include statement in name.c HTH ROSCO (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  almost made it, but need help..again :)

heh guys, im back..again :) have downloaded and installed lnpd. i have: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_...lnp/liblnp so that my PC programs in ~/legOS/host/lnpd+li...plications can find the liblnp.so.x file. but i allways get an error when i try to gcc (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: kernel hacking in lnp.c (problem)

(...) The best way to do this kind of thing is to save the info you want to display in a variable or something, set a flag saying somethings there, and let another task display the data & reset the flag. You can see a simple implementation of this (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: kernel hacking in lnp.c (problem)

(...) Posting your code would help a lot :-). lnp_receive_packet() is called after the integrity layer has verified the checksum from an interrupt handler. So your code should be short e never call functions that wait or may cause a task switch. dll (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  kernel hacking in lnp.c (problem)

hi everybody. in /kernel/lnp.c there is a function called lnp_receive_packet. here im trying to insert a function that will display whatever came in the data field when lnp_receive_packet was called. (interested in seeing everything, including (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact