 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 881 – 900 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Design by Contract (long post)

Hi, people. The reason for the flood of posts is that I've been trying to get authenticated on LUGNET for the last week :( But as you can see, I'm authenticated now :) On to the topic of this post (sorry for such a long post): I have created an (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

range, long
(score: 2.317)

  Re: Does RIS2.0 set use the fiber optics cable?

"Luke W" <lwenke@dont_spam_me...tmail.com> wrote in message news:Hr03BI.1Bsz@lugnet.com... (...) Look right. I can't find any use for it in the instructions either. (...) of (...) In my RIS 2.0 set it is actually 25L (25 studs) long. What is the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long, tower
(score: 2.308)

  Threaded LNP problems

Hi, I've written a small program with a few rcx's moving around trying to communicate with each other through IR. Every Robot is supposed to send it's lnp address every 100ms in a seperate thread, listen for other robots in another thread and move (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, long
(score: 2.300)

  RCX IR to RF conversion

Hi, My name is Tiago, and I'm from Brazil. This is my first post here, but I'm watching this group for a long time. Recently I saw a post here about a RCX IR to RF converter, created by the NEAT group. I was wondering, does anyone build their (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 2.292)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

(...) The RCX has a bridge rectifier inside, that converts the AC to DC. It also has a voltage regulator that allows it to take a fairly large input voltage range. You can safely power it with a DC supply, however I wouldn't recommend leaving it on (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

range, long
(score: 2.291)

  Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC

I also figured out what COM3 was: the internal modem. I disabled it in Device Manager and now the only port that I can find in my C# app or in Hyperterminal is COM1, the serial port. But the IR tower is still not working. By the way, the built-in IR (...) (18 years ago, 10-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir, tower
(score: 2.264)

  Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC

The light goes on as soon as you plug in the tower? Sounds like someone is already using COM3. I was looking around DELL technical support and you may have a bit of work ahead of you. First off your serial port on the inspiron 8200 should be COM1. I (...) (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir, tower
(score: 2.264)

  Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC

(...) Jordan, I only have one suggestion that may, or may not be useful. I'd suggest you try a fresh battery in the tower. I know you said it works on another PC. Sorry, that's the best I can do. :) Steve (18 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 2.264)

  Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC

(...) Does the green light in the tower come on at all when you try to send the message? Is the light only on when you are trying to communicate? If the light is always one I would look for another application that is trying to use the serial port. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir, tower
(score: 2.263)

  Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC

I feel kind of dumb: the serial port was disabled in the BIOS. However, now that it is enabled and is assigned COM1 (and shows up in Device Manager under Ports), I'm still having problems: C:nqc>nqc -SCOM1 -v -d test.nqc Downloading Program:Tx: 55 (...) (18 years ago, 10-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir, tower
(score: 2.260)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) It might be a long shot - but I am gonna ask for more sensor/motor ports and external power in/out lines. I always thought the active sensor thing was over complicated for any custom sensors. Since they pose the "what would you consider (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

long, tower
(score: 2.259)

  Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC

(...) I forgot to mention the green light. Ever since I enabled the serial port in the BIOS, the green light will only come on now when NQC is trying to transmit, which is what's supposed to happen. But then it reports the error I provided earlier. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir, tower
(score: 2.259)

  Is there a usable Mac OS X version?

Is there a usable version of pbForth for Mac OS X and the USB tower? I have NQC, so there should be no trouble downloading firmware, and Mac OS X has good terminal software, but how do I set up things so that terminal communication goes via the USB (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, tower
(score: 2.259)

  Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC

(...) Now this is interesting. The Control Lab works just fine. (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

ir, tower
(score: 2.258)

  Re: Is there a usable Mac OS X version?

(...) I think John Hansen actually made a pbForth terminal in NQC. My RCXTcl works on a PC, but I never did get around to packaging it for Macs. Probably because I don't have one myself :-) That being said, once you have a terminal program to talk (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, tower
(score: 2.252)

  IR Problems

I have been running RoboLab 2.54 B on a Dell Inspiron 1100 with little problem until of late. I am using direct mode, tower set to high and the 2.0 RCX and tower are 3” from each other with the 2.0 RCX raised up 1” to better line up with the tower. (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 2.243)

  Re: IR Problems

(...) Thanks for your reply. I had to return the 1.0 RCX and motor back to school today. Those things are like gold. The 1.0 faces the 2.0 and is not in direct line of sight of the tower. The 1.0 is just to the side of the tower. I think my problem (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 2.242)

  Re: Sending Commands to Spybot from RCX - Question from a Beginner to Comm area.

(...) First of all, my apologies for not answering you via email. I've been a bit busy at work. I needed to run some tests myself before I could properly respond as well. The 0x9223 from the RCX happens to match the IR sent out by the Spybot (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, long
(score: 2.204)

  Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

I've wondered about this for over a year now, but haven't brought it up because of not making it to the BF events. Now I can't stand it anymore and must ask. Have RCX owners considered pooling their units to run an event-long simulation? Each of us (...) (19 years ago, 21-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long
(score: 2.168)

  Re: brickos 090 problem no program download with CONF_LNP_FAST

Hello Bernhard, (...) I just checked the source code. There is no speed setting for usb tower in the code. If you look into firmdl3 you also find that fast mode is disabled for USB, because it doesn't work. I think the USB tower sends at 2400 baud (...) (16 years ago, 30-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, tower
(score: 2.150)

More:  Next Page >>