 Robotics / RCX / 2853
Re: IR tower problems on a laptop with NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:34:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   I also figured out what COM3 was: the internal modem. I disabled it in Device Manager and now the only port that I can find in my C# app or in Hyperterminal is COM1, the serial port. But the IR tower is still not working. By the way, the built-in IR port attached to the hard drive slot cover is disabled in the BIOS, so it shouldn’t be an issue. (I hope!)

Does the green light in the tower come on at all when you try to send the message? Is the light only on when you are trying to communicate? If the light is always one I would look for another application that is trying to use the serial port. If the light is never on I would start wondering if the port actually works. Is there any way you can check if the serial port is working? Do you have another computer and a serial cable?

Too bad you can’t email hardware. With all the diagnostic equipment lying around in my office we would have this baby working in no time.