 Robotics / RCX / 2856
2855  |  2857
Subject:
IR Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 02:57:19 GMT

I have been running RoboLab 2.54 B on a Dell Inspiron 1100 with little problem
until of late. I am using direct mode, tower set to high and the 2.0 RCX and
tower are 3” from each other with the 2.0 RCX raised up 1” to better line up
with the tower. I was running one 2.0 RCX and over a period of three hours of
receiving information every 13 seconds from the direct program on the laptop I
would get about 2 IR errors but once hitting retry it would work for quite
awhile. Then I incorporated a 1.0 RCX into the mix with the 2.0 RCX sending mail
to the 1.0 RCX. The 1.0 RCX did not receive signals from the direct program on
the laptop. Tower communication went to completely unreliable with a
communication error almost at every time direct program on the laptop sent a
signal. The 1.0 RCX would work correctly. The mail it would receive was sent
after communication with the 2.0 RCX and the direct program on the laptop was
sent and received. The problem is with the communication between the 2.0 and the
1.0 RCX. The reason I am using the additional 1.0 RCX is that I need an
additional motor for my process. My process relies on sending a signal from the
direct program running on the laptop every 13 seconds to the 2.0 RCX. I could
program both RCX’s with the same program but eventually they would be out of
sync. After 18 years working on this problem it looks like I will have to bump
up to the NXT to solve this problem but any suggestions would be welcomed. As
far as learning the “Put Color Command”, I will just adapt the “Get Color
Command.” http://tomlohre.com/lego.htm