 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 81 – 100 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  LNP Repost

I thought it might be good to repost this with some changes... Okay a little smaller... Only a 4 byte header... |0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|0|1...3|4|5|6|7| ---...--- | 0xF | VER | TOADDR | PORT| FRADDR | PORT| PAYLOADLEN | ---...--- / PAYLOAD / ---...--- / (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

range, ir, tower
(score: 4.884)

  Problem with IR

For some reason I'm having a problem downloading with NQC. I previously had the serial tower set up at the end of a track. The rcx on my robot goes up and down it. I used to have occasional problems with the IR comms, but I'd change the battery and (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.882)

  Re: USB/Serial Converter

Somewhere on the LEGO site it says that Serial > USB is not compatable -- If you must, why not just buy a USB IR tower from PITSCO LEGODacta for $30? If you have the SDK 2.5, or even the SDK 2.0, it comes with the driver for the USB tower (in the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.861)

  Re: BrickOS on Mac OS X

Man, this is fantastic. Since moving over to OS X about a year and a half ago, I've been ignoring my RCX (retired the tired/crash prone PC forever!! Running Linux now though) and haven't played with it for lack of a development environment for OS X. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.859)

  USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

Hi, I only have one serial port on my PC and it is currently hooked up to an external modem (PC slots are precious to me). So, I was planning on using an USB->Serial converter. Can anyone recommend a brand that has been proven to work with the IR (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.853)

  MacNQC, G4 and Keyspan USB to serial adapter

Hi all, As another datapoint in my liberation from the Wintel hegemony. I did indeed get Dave's latest MacNQC working on my new G4/400 using the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. I recommend downloading the latest driver from Keyspan. You can use the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.851)

  RE: Problem with rcxTcl.exe and the USB IR tower

(...) I'll check this out on a system that has absolutely no Tcl support, but as you might expect - it works fine here :-) (...) I'm sure John Hansen would appreciate any feedback on BricxCC - even if it'a a problem report. (...) That's the spirit! (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.849)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

Somewhere on the Mindstorms site, I found a reference to the Peracom adapter. I have not tried it, but I did buy a Belkin USB Hub with a serial port and I know that the Belkin doesn't work. Scott (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.846)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

Is that on a PC? I have one running with the latest drivers from their site. It works fine for small snippets of code, but always times out, when trying to download larger segments or firmware. What exact driver version do you have. What exact (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.846)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

Ram Meenakshisundaram <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote in message news:386CCBC8.270472...olf.com... (...) Entrega's hubs with serial ports or the U1S9 work great IF you download the latest drivers (just got mine working this morning!) from Entrega. Barbara (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.845)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

(...) The Keyspan PDA adaptor (www.keyspan.com) works just fine with an apple and/or the VirtualPC on the apple. Dw (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.841)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I tested with the same installation, IR tower & rcx module with another laptop (by Dell) built with infrared port, wireless network card, but with no bluetooth built in. They work fine... The problem is more and more leaning over to hardware (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.822)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

(...) I am having almost the same issues. I want to share my story because some of the key elements in your story match mine exactly: Computer: Toshiba Satellite/WinXP/3-USB 2.0 RCX 1.0 USB tower Software: RIS 2.0, SDK 2.5, Bricxcc (all have same (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.812)

  Re: Curious problem with download

(...) I would have ascribed it to the USB to serial converter, but I also see this on the Sun with a real serial port. This is what makes me think it's a problem with my RCX or IR tower. Thanks, -Pete P.S. What you are thinking of is the stealth (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.808)

  Curious problem with download

I just got Mindstorm set, and since I do not have a PC, NQC seemed like a great place to start. I tried Mac NQC and did not get very far downloading the RCX firmware. Every attempt resulted in the IR tower not seeing the RCX. I have a G3 blue and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.807)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

"Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote in message news:HoMq73.B9J@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) ceased (...) I (...) OK, I have the problem fixed. You may not like the remedy, but it worked lastnight flawlessly. Oh, and the PCMCIA USB (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.803)

  Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower

(...) downloaded the latest drivers (Intel based). Also obtained a good troubleshooting doc to determine whether the S9 is configured correctly. Will gladly email to any interested. Problem: Having trouble getting the IR tower to talk to the RCX. I (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 4.792)

  Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB

(...) Hi, I don't see this as a matter of choice. It really depends on what you want to do with your robots. NQC programs are executed directly on the RCX and needs no communication with the PC, whereas programs written in VB using SPIRIT.OCX are (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir, tower
(score: 4.788)

  Re: IR Tower problems

(...) I'm pretty sure the driver is loaded, this is the output from lsmod: Module Size Used by .. legousbtower 14912 0 .. usbcore 116808 4 legousbtower,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd and I created /dev/usb/lego0 myself as a character devince with major number (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, long, tower
(score: 4.752)

  Re: RF Connection To RCX

Eric, this was the approach I was thinking of. This way all the 'regular' functions, software, RcxCC etc would continue to work. Limitations: Speed is the same.. Other approaches would require deep hacking, I believe. I envisioned two devices: 1. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir, tower
(score: 4.750)

More:  Next Page >>