 Robotics / RCX / 2617
Re: IR Tower problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:29:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Juergen Stuber wrote:
these are the log messages from the USB core, but I don't see
any from the driver, are you sure the driver is loaded?

Also, the device nowadays is supposed to be at /dev/usb/legousbtower0.
If you use udev it should create that automatically as you plug in
the tower, and legousbtower1 etc. if you use more than one.

Jürgen

I'm pretty sure the driver is loaded, this is the output from lsmod:

Module                  Size  Used by
..
legousbtower           14912  0
..
usbcore               116808  4 legousbtower,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd

and I created /dev/usb/lego0 myself as a character devince with major number 180
minor number 160.  I'm not running udev.  Sorry it took so long to reply, I've
been sick the last couple days