 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 361 – 380 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: PC -RCX comunication

(...) please, don't take my little attacks against MS too serious, it's just -- i really dislike their FUD way of making business, and i like to have a choice. However, i feel we shouldn't discuss this too much in this place. (...) Well, imho the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 3.153)

  patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

(...) i had never seen this interesting effect, because i always had my tower in near mode, where it only happens if you put the tower straight in front of a wall. I suspect it's a little more complex to explain what happens here, because the tower (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 3.151)

  Re: patch for lnpd ( Collision problem in far-mode )

No matter what I do (opening the window, turning on more lights etc) I can't get the tower to stop seeing collissions. I must admit that IR reflects so well in my house that the TV remote works form other rooms. So I tried loading your patch (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 3.151)

  Can't download

Hello I've downloaded 2.1r1 src and rpm and 2.0.2 src. No matter which version I use, the results are the same: # nqc -d melody.ncq Downloading Program: Nothing else happens. I've tried specifying the port, but the result is the same. I've also (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 3.150)

  The pain of communicating with the RCX

The power of Forth lies in the ease with which a system can be built and and tested both incrementally and interactively. Unfortunately I'm experiencing severe difficulties estasblishing a reliable communication channel between my PC (Linux) and the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, tower
(score: 3.145)

  Newbie question : IR comms with PC.

Hi all. I'm a third year engineering student from South Africa who is trying to complete a soccer playing robot in time for our robot intervarsity the 29th of March.I only started using the RCX (and legOS) days ago. I'm trying to transfer some (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, tower
(score: 3.145)

  Help needed: Problems setting up the IR tower

I have changed my computer and it is imposible to get my IR tower up and running again. I have used my I tower with my old Pentium 233mmx/win95 with no problems at all (I have used the original lego software / NQC /WinlegOS). After changing my (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.141)

  RE: Turning power off?

(...) It's probably bad luck. Two weeks running is about normal if you're doing lots of IR downloads. The IRED takes quite a bit of current when transmitting. The POWER_OFF does shut things down....I really do forget if RCX_SHUTDOWN is necessary. (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, tower
(score: 3.140)

  Re: how detect other RCX robots with light sensors?

Assuming both RCXs are facing each other, this can be done by using the IR transmitter of the RCX on the detected robot, and a forward pointing light sensor on the detecting robot. Set one robot (the detected robot) to send out constant IR messages. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir
(score: 3.139)

  Duplex Comms with RCX

Hi I am sure this has been done many times before, but I am having trouble confirming information. I wish to purchase the RIS 1.5. But before I do I need to be sure that I can communicate with a running program on the RCX and that the RCX can (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

range, ir
(score: 3.137)

  Re: Help needed: Problems setting up the IR tower

(...) Have you already tried with a new 9V battery in the IR tower? Antonio (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.134)

  Re: Help needed: Problems setting up the IR tower

I have tried both Andi Scharfstein´s and Reinis Kanders´ recommendations and everything seems ok but there was no improvement... The comm port works fine with my PalmPilot craddle but not with my IR tower...Does anyone else have another (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.130)

  Re: Duplex Comms with RCX

"James Hammond" <jsh@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3906A2E6.6A40E0...n.ac.uk... (...) Yes it can. There is a standard RCX opcode for sending single byte messages, and you can always use multiple of these commands for more complex (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 3.127)

  Infrared range of RCX

Hi all. I've been experimenting with the range of the Infrared communication between RCX's. I noticed that RCX #1 could send a message to RCX #2 at a distance of about 80 feet. However, RCX #2 could only send a message to RCX #1 at about a distance (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, ir
(score: 3.127)

  IR communications related questions

I've been working with LegOS for a while but am quite frustrated. I have been unable to get lnp working and am thus unable to to communicate with the host. It is all overkill for me since I merely want to capture some simple data. I am switching (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, tower
(score: 3.124)

  Re: Help needed: Problems setting up the IR tower

Check your BIOS settings to see if those ports are enabled, maybe instead of auto set them manually in BIOS. Maybe soft reset is not enough to reset the port, but I doubt it, just to check it, unplug your box for couple of seconds. "Federico (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.124)

  IR communication PC <-> brick with NQC

Hi there ! For an educational project here at university we want to control a brick (1.0) based robot with ir based communiaction over serial connection. We want to use the Win Hyperterminal to control the robot. Has anybody here some information or (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 3.124)

  communication brick <-> PC

Hi there ! I've got a question concerning ir communication with the brick ... After having done some low-level debugging to make a self-written programm communicate with my brick using the IR tower, I'd like to make my programm control the brick. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

ir, tower
(score: 3.123)

  Re: Help needed: Problems setting up the IR tower

Yes, I did but it didn´t work either... (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.122)

  RE: sensor questions plus

(...) The ROM stuff is documented in Kekoa Proudfoot's internals document, see (URL) for all the details. The RCX interface words in pbForth call into the ROM... (...) It actually *processes* the results of a sensor read by the OCIA interrupt (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

ir, tower
(score: 3.122)

More:  Next Page >>