 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 241 – 260 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Want to Buy a RCX USB IR-Tower

Guys, Just retrieved my (dusted) RCX kit & a few spybots, when I move things around, unfortunately, my notebook does not have serial port any more. Moreover, the CD does not support XP either. Do you aware if any online shop will sell RCX USB (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.852)

  Re: LEGO MindStorms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

Hi Andreas Your project requires you face some very tough problems. I'd say that you cannot reach your goal, unless you add a lot of non-Lego hardware stuff to your robot and your building. IR communication is not appropriate, as it requires the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, long, tower
(score: 3.846)

  Re: Want to Buy a RCX USB IR-Tower

(...) Just buy a USB to Serial adaptor and use your Serial Tower if you can't find a USB Tower for sale anywhere. They're not very expensive and work fine. Many new desktop PC's done have serial ports these days. Dom (17 years ago, 23-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.843)

  Instructions for LegOS USB support

A friend of mine recently bought the 2.0 RCX and sent me the following information regarding getting USB and LegOS to play nice. He did this on a Win2K system. I have the old 1.0 RCX so please don't ask me how to make this work. Here is his e-mail (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir
(score: 3.840)

  Re: IR Tower problems

(...) Ok, the driver is loaded and major number 180 minor number 160 is correct. Do you see something like this: drivers/usb/misc/leg...sbtower.c: LEGO USB Tower #0 now attached to major 180 minor 160 drivers/usb/misc/leg...sbtower.c: LEGO USB Tower (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.840)

  IR Tower problems

I am trying to get nqc 3.1 r1 working on my Slackware 9.1 box using Linux kernel 2.6.11.2. When I plug the IR Tower into my USB port, it's recognized. This is what I get from dmesg: hub 2-0:1.0: state 5 ports 3 chg 0000 evt 0002 ohci_hcd (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.837)

  Re: IR Tower problems

(...) I think we may have found a problem. This is from /var/log/messages: Mar 19 22:52:42 pitr kernel: usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 8 Mar 19 22:52:42 pitr kernel: usb 2-1: Product: LEGO USB Tower Mar 19 22:52:42 pitr (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.836)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) Spybotics uses a new IR protocol for communication between Spybotics devices, but the IR is also has user-configurable and can send RCX-style messages. Here is a sample program that sends messages from Spybotics to an RCX (or Scout): (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

range, ir, long
(score: 3.834)

  Re: IR Tower problems

Hi David, (...) these are the log messages from the USB core, but I don't see any from the driver, are you sure the driver is loaded? Also, the device nowadays is supposed to be at /dev/usb/legousbtower0. If you use udev it should create that (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.823)

  LDCC control from PC

Hello people, I got a bit tired of compiling and uploading programs to a second RCX every time I need to make a small change (ok, adding the possibility to do adjustments with the remote control helps a bit), so I decided to make a win-program that (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.803)

  Control RoboSapein with IR-tower

Hi, if you have a LEGO serial port IR-tower and and you also got a RoboSapien, you can now easily control it from the PC. (URL) to Linux and USB tower coming later...) Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy, Pavel. (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.773)

  Re: brickos 090 problem no program download with CONF_LNP_FAST

Hello Jochen At first i was astonished, that somebody is answering so fast, because in the last 2 years there is not much conversation here. (...) I am not completly shure about your question concerning standart HW. I use the USB Tower and the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Apr-08, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.765)

  Re: some measurements in lnp, please comment!

"Brian B. Alano" <alano@bloomington.in.us> wrote in message news:HL30D6.1rDC@lugnet.com... (...) practical (...) assume 50% (...) think anything (...) I'm not familiar with LNP, but I do have a good handle on infra-red messaging in general. There (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, long, tower
(score: 3.749)

  Re: Lego IR serial tower!

(...) Go to Bricklink (URL) order one. (Everyone listing these ships internationally!) HTH-- Maggie C. (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

ir, tower
(score: 3.740)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

(...) You know, I think there's some cosmic law. Just after hitting the send key, I'll almost always realize my question was stupid. Looking at the errors I was getting, I noticed that it was the utilities that you'd already created. firmdl3 has the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

ir, long, tower
(score: 3.740)

  NQC/BricxCC test

I could use some help testing a modification to NQC and BricxCC which is attempting to correct some problems I introduced with the serial IR tower and also the USB tower. Could a few adventurous souls download (URL) and try out the NQC and BricxCC (...) (19 years ago, 14-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.703)

  Re: Problem with IR

(...) Possibly you are experiencing a problem with the USB Tower driver which I have heard several other users report. Other users who had this problem were able to fix it by editing the USB Tower timeout values using the LEGO USB Tower Control (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.689)

  RCX Communications problems

Hi everyone!!! I’m a desperate soul in search of some answers and no much luck, so I’m writing here to see if someone can help me... I’m trying to control two RCX bricks from one or two towers on different computers (this depends on the answers I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

range, long, tower
(score: 3.685)

  RE: good way to detect the proximity of the RCX?

Yes, that requires the RCX to receive. What I am looking for is a function which is much like the "is RCX in view" in the direct mode. This function allows the IR tower to detect any RCX in range, even the RCX is in in idle state, but just on, .... (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

range, ir, tower
(score: 3.679)

  Re: Problem with IR

(...) Your correct, it isn't that. I know all about -Susb, because I'm using a serial and a usb tower simultaneously with respective rcx's. One sets in a box so their is no IR crossover. I have swapped over the towers. The USB worked perfectly in (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 3.678)

More:  Next Page >>