 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 1701 – 1720 of 2193.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: RCX firmware download

(...) I have had this problem before as well. Sometimes this can be from too much ambient light or florescent light interfering with communication. Try isolating the tower and the brick by putting a small box or jacket over them. If this doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: BricxCC on Win XP how

(...) Which COM port is RIS using? Can you describe exactly what BricxCC says/does when you try to get it to find your brick? Does the tower light come on at all? As was suggested already, try choosing the same COM port that RIS uses rather than (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: BricxCC & fast firmware download

"John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com> wrote in message news:Hns82p.1ItF@lugnet.com... (...) latest (...) plugged (...) firmwares (...) attempts (...) but in (...) it (...) BricxCC? (...) 2.0 (...) I have never been able to get bricxCC to properly (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  RE: local echo (MMOOTTOORR__SSEETT instead of MOTOR_SET)

(...) Well, when there's nothing to actually RUN under WIN9x or Linux or MacOS then it's hard to get the installation wrong :-) (...) Yup, it's the tower. (...) Let me know what works. I suggest a simple terminal program that allows XMODEM transfers (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  RE: Help with Terminal Emulator

(...) I have run into this too, Jerry. A few especially bothersome noise sources include video cameras, security systems, and remote controls. You might consider covering the RCX and tower with a box or towel... I'm glad the terminal emulator works (...) (24 years ago, 21-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  VB Upload Problem

I'm having trouble uploading data from within VBA (Microsoft Word). I wrote the Example program from page 93 of the SDK, and added an .InitComm before the UploadDatalog command. When I run the script, the green light comes on in the tower as if data (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: where to buy individual parts?

(...) Beware! A normal serial cable, with the attachment screws on each side of the D-shell, doesn't fit down the recess on the back of the tower (or at least, mine doesn't). regards, Ian SMith (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: The pain of communicating with the RCX

(...) Does that count as `tempted by the dark side' or `seen the light'? :) (...) itself. (...) I tried near and far mode, several distances, putting the tower and the RCX under a dark cloth... Everything I could think of except putting 'em where (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: Simplifying Cygwin & brickOS/leJOS

(...) I'm just passing the following on for everyone else to read. scott Hi Scott, I don't have posting privs to all these lugnet lists, but just want to let you know that actually IC does support encoders (rotation sensors). It's just not (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: constant green light

(...) Any word on whether you have discovered that the power management settings of the OS have any effect on the geen light situation? I haven't had a chance to play with my serial tower on my XP desktop PC yet. John Hansen (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: Any substitute to the default lego serial cable!

The cable is wired as a null modem cable (see (URL) If that's what you have, then it should work. A couple of other questions: 1. When you try to download the firmware does the green light on the tower come on? 2. Have you set RCXTTY to the correct (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: RCX <-> PC communication, more details

(...) Great, I just had too much time at hand, so I could already test the hypothesis above. Great, to be able to post a followup to my own message within half an hour... Ok, here it comes: The PC __IS__ swamping the RCX when using the LNP protocol. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: Call for debugging support

(...) hello Markus, i´m still working on a (hopefully) portable, robust version of linux LNP, that allows multiple client tasks or threads on the PC to communicate with one ore more RCX´s simultanously via one tower, ( one of them could be gdb, in (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  RIS SDK - Comments and questions

I have just started to try this - is it ever cool. I notice that the Brick options are RCX, Scout and MicroScout - Does this mean that I can program the MicroScout using the RIS Tower ? - If so, do I use LASM ? - I assume that I put it in P-mode ... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: Still JAVA and LNP....

(...) There is no way to passively listen to the world. This is good for batteries but bad in all other ways. So, your listening code should send a keep-alive on a regular basis to keep the tower from dying. No way around it :| Luis ---...--- "It's (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: Has anyone used lnpd succesfully?

Yes. I have used it successfully, though not always... In my case it seems to be a problem with the uart 16550A. It does not switch to low lattency mode correctly making the tower blind to the RCX. I circumvented the problem setting the UART type as (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: transfer data failed

Hi, thanks for the tips, but nothing helps. I tried 0.2.5, I tried the far and near mode, I changed the lighting conditions -> nothing helped. But I don't think that I fired up my Brick/Tower because the original Lego Software under Windows works, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: LinuxPPC and "No response from RCX" problem

(...) Umm.. note the prompt ;)) I'd done an su root before testing to avoid permissions problems. This seems like a problem with nqc on LinuxPPC 3Q99, but I can't understand quite what it is as the tower obviously works - the green light is visible (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Re: permissions

(...) Thanks! But rather than do things for a single user I opted for: chmod 666 ttyS0 If I'm not mistaken, this will give every user access to Serial port 0 (comm 1). Since my system only uses comm 1 for the lego tower this seems like a safe thing (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

tower
(score: 1.869)

  Remote Control

Hi there,I live in South Africa where it is difficult to obtain Mindstorms products. Can anyone help with a circuit diagram of the Remote Control unit so that i can build mty own. I have tried teaching a Learnable remote control from th tower but it (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

tower
(score: 1.869)

More:  Next Page >>