 Robotics / 14540
14539  |  14541
Subject:
RIS SDK - Comments and questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 05:39:15 GMT

I have just started to try this - is it ever cool.
I notice that the Brick options are RCX, Scout and MicroScout
- Does this mean that I can program the MicroScout using the RIS Tower ?
    - If so, do I use LASM ?
        - I assume that I put it in P-mode ...

Our background
Our brick RCX has been put away for a while as I have been otherwise busy,
and the kids lost interest.
They only made  rovers  -  a few interesting ones, and an automated Barbie
clothesline ....
My youngest (8) has alwasy been a LegoManiac, has recently gone beyond
making cars and small machines with just motors and wants to try out the
robot so I'm maing the time.

We were out on Sunday and found the DDK at a good price ($40 / Toy-R-Us)
It seemed worth it if just for the Lego parts with the added bonus of the
MicroScout,
as well as a fast non-programming jump into the robot world for him.

Anyhow, I've downloaded the SDK Beta again (to be current) (and the Scout
SDK for notes on the MicroScout)

Looking for help:
Can some one point me to sample code for both the RCX and MicroScout

Thanks in advance

(I look on Lugnet frequently but do happily appreciate direct mail)

Matt