 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1503
Re: Still JAVA and LNP....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 06:05:19 GMT

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Ciaran Jessup wrote:
And :) My IR tower keeps turning itself off, unless I send data to it, is
this the correct way to do this, or should I be ale to passively listen to
the world ?

There is no way to passively listen to the world. This is good for
batteries but bad in all other ways. So, your listening code should send a
keep-alive on a regular basis to keep the tower from dying. No way around
it :|
Luis

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word