 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1502
Re: Still JAVA and LNP....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 01:38:07 GMT

Umm in response to my own message, would someone be so kind as to explain
the following <g> :

//   return (short)(a + (b << 8));
   return (short)(a % 256);

If I use the bottom line, discounting variable b, then my checksum is
correct...otherwise it wonnt work..... whats going on ?

What is the point of tracking b, is this a faster method than taking the
modulo, if so can anyone explain the math behind it.....
I guess by email would probably be more popular and less off topic! :)

- ciaran