 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1501
1500  |  1502
Subject:
Still JAVA and LNP....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 00:50:40 GMT

hey all :) Sorry to bother again, but after limited uccess with getting JAVA
to cope with LNP, I've run into some (hopefully) simple problems,  I'm
having major problems with the checksum routine, this routine give me huge
integer nnumbers rather than the handy < 255 numbers in the packets.... I
realise that I'm doing something dumb, could someone point me in the right
way please....

short lnp_checksum(char data[], int  length)
{
       int  a = 255;
       int b = 255;
       int dIndex=0;
       while (length > 0)
      {
          System.out.print(new Integer(data[dIndex]).toString() + " ");
          a = (char)(a + data[dIndex++]);
          b = (char)(b + a);
          length--;
      }
   return (short)(a + (b << 8));
}
[Java excerpt]

I apologise for the terrible code, but I'm at that point where I'll try
anything to get a better understanding :) ..so its a work in progress ...see
casting <g> ...

And :) My IR tower keeps turning itself off, unless I send data to it, is
this the correct way to do this, or should I be ale to passively listen to
the world ?