 Robotics / RCX / 2460
  New TLC Mindstorms survey

FYI - Received e-mail survey on Mindstorms run for TLC. Questions on use and experience and queries about wants in a new RIS. (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) You can also get to the survey at: (URL) Wonder if this means they haven't started yet on new Mindstorms product. Was kind of hoping the next gen stuff would come along soon. Maybe they've got stuff developed and are just looking to the survey (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) It might be a long shot - but I am gonna ask for more sensor/motor ports and external power in/out lines. I always thought the active sensor thing was over complicated for any custom sensors. Since they pose the "what would you consider (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: New TLC Mindstorms survey

OK, I give up. Exactly where on the lugnet site do you get the survey? Ralph (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) Well, I had to respond to the survey - how could I not!!! More ports and more sensor choices was my main message. I must say, having built numerous active sensors for RCX, I don't think I'd class the interface as hard to live with. Its cheap - (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: New TLC Mindstorms survey

OK, I give up. Exactly where on the LEGO site do you get the survey? Ralph (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: New TLC Mindstorms survey

I'm thinking something like a hybrid between the GameboyRCX and what we have now.... What if you could use an IR equipped palmPilot (or Clie), or even a PocketPC to talk to a simple micro. Wait, you'd need an IRDA protocol stack on the micro, unless (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) Go to (URL) the lower left part of the page there's a picture of a cute bug-like robot with a comic strip bubble over him saying "Yes! Click here to start your LEGO MINDSTORMS survey now." Or here's the direct link... (URL) D. (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) You don't. You get it here: (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) Umm - I think you guys got the wrong end of the stick there. I didnt mean bluetooth for sensor connectivity(cables do just fine), I only meant it to replace the existing IR interface for downloading programs. Although intelligent sensor nets (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) On the software side, don't forget to lobby them to fix the #$@%$! hyperthreading USB tower driver bug!!!! I'd also love to see real C/C++ programming support out of the box -- setting up Cygwin and brickOS is just too hard for most people. If (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) For most Windows users it is extremely easy to set up Cygwin & brickOS (as well as pbForth and leJOS) using the pre-built installers I created. And who needs a graphical programming environment when you've got BricxCC? :-) John Hansen (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) They should release a graphical programming environment but it should tie together with a real programming language like C, C++ or Java. I would love to see a flow chart on one side of the window with corresponding code on the other. This (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) miss them? Wonderful! Are there hints anywhere for setting up the compiler tab options? I got the C++ to work, but not leJOS. (I do have leJOS working fine using JCreator Pro). Thanks! tonyv (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey

(...) I'm not sure what good it'll do if the survey is that old but i took it anyway. BTW hope that release it soon since i''ll soon (i hope) be getting 2.0. I'd hate to get it and then a few months later see 3.0 in the shelfs. (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)