 Robotics / RCX / 2473
Re: New TLC Mindstorms survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:15:22 GMT

Any other ideas here?
Orion

On the software side, don't forget to lobby them to fix the #$@%$!
hyperthreading USB tower driver bug!!!!

I'd also love to see real C/C++ programming support out of the box -- setting up
Cygwin and brickOS is just too hard for most people.

If they MUST release a graphical programming environment, why not use the
standard -- UML -- (or at least a simplified subset), rather than reinventing
the wheel.  See Miro Samek's "Practical Statecharts in C/C++" for a lightweight
implementation (~5K) supporting UML's hierarchical statecharts.

tonyv