 Robotics / RCX / 1903
1902  |  1904
Subject:
RCX & RIS, a fading glory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:29:53 GMT

Ok, I haven't been around for a little while and I haven't seen any news at
all about this, so I'm going to ask my fellow members:

What's happening to the RIS??

The last update, 2.0, was not even close to being an update, all there was
was some updated software, and a new tower. I'm not saying these are not
good steps, but LEGO's (RIS) progress seems to be slowing to a halt and
spreading out in opposite directions. Am I being to quick to judge?

So far all I've seen from LEGO is the spybots, the new bionicles, and the
galidor favoritism wave, all of which do not press the robotic boundaries of
LEGO.

Is LEGO planing to totally drop RIS and substitute it with the Spybots??? Or
are they still working on a newer version? This is my question; does anyone
have any facts to prove either suggestion?

Please don’t read this as a subject to be challenged, I only want to have an
answer so I know what to expect.

Thanks for your time.

A fellow member,

                Timothy