 Robotics / 20153
Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:44:24 GMT

I have this Idea, stick with me, The arm of my robot has a limit at the
upper and lower extremes. I use The RCX and rotation sensors to keep the
robot from breaking its own arm. Ocassionally, there is a skip, either the
RCX or Sensor misses it rotation extreme motor halt que and I have to
intentervine.

I think it would be cool to have some (small) sort of a self contained smart
touch sensor at either end of the arms extreme limits.

The circuit would consist of:

Touch Sensor 1 at top of arm
cross link/wired
Touch Sensor 2 at bottom of arm
cross link/wired
Arm drive motor

When the touch sensors are engaged, the touch sensor overrides the motors
power source or reverses polarity.

I know you can duplicate this with an RCX, however I could use a system
smaller that I can incorporate into my Robot aside from the RCX's duties it
already has.

Like if you were to link the motors power wires and two wires from touch
sensors at each end of the robots arm.

Auto Bypass circuit reverser do dad thingie.

http://members.aol.com/mylegomaster/