 Robotics / 20130
Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:56:22 GMT

The most depressing thing would be the loss of decent motors.  Those are
essentially
'consumable' items. They fail.  Of my set of a dozen or so motors, two have
failed in the last year...if that failure rate is typical, I'll be dangerously
low on motors within just a couple of years if Lego stop making them.  I need
to stock up on those.

*BUT*...

If we could build our own RCX, what's stopping us from building our own motors?

"doom"...what a depressing application of the word...

~Mike