 Robotics / 20152
Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:19:59 GMT

Eric Sophie wrote:
Steve! What a great Idea, having components that you could snap together
like code blocks but with real Lego! What a natural idea. If I understand
your idea right, you could have a small,say, 4x4 or 2x4 bick ROM computer
that has a dedictaed function? Like a "watch for sensor brick" or a "light
detection brick".............

To be absolutely honest, I don't think this is my idea - I think I've seen
something a lot like that built as a college project.

Each would have a small LCD ontop to access options?

That might be unreasonably costly.  I was thinking of having a little
knob that you'd turn to select (for example) what variable was being
operated on - or what value a constant would have.

It would be cute to have an LED that lit up when the CPU was executing
that brick too!

or evan simple gate switches to enable the component to arm/disarm - right
on a 2x2 or something?!

Yep.

Bricks and Chips!
Then some bricks work together to become conduits for other signals(nearby
bricks)?

Right - and you could have bricks with higher level algorithms in them.
HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net