 Robotics / RCX / *7560 (-20)
  Re: remote control and rcx

(...) I had a similar experience. In fact, it happens to me fairly regularly. I believe I've traced it to bad connections in the tower's serial cable. After I fiddle with it the problem usually goes away. (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: remote control and rcx

(...) Interesting. I do own a couple Spybotics, although I'm not sure I've ever even put batteries into them, and I think (80% sure) they were in another room at the time. That would explain why the problem went away all by itself, though. And now I (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dr. Vegetable's Virtual Remote

(...) For a variety of reasons, I am not prepared to release my program under GPL at this time. (...) Oh, well. Maybe some other time... (...) I would like to think that is true, but even though I fixed every bug I could find before I released this (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dr. Vegetable's Virtual Remote

(...) Why you don't distribute it on GPL license ??? It's free and really cool other programmer can help you ... (...) It work fine with wine ... Nut Ido not integrate it if you don't distribute it with GPL license :) (...) I've test it and it work (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  usb & lnpd

Hi. I 've got a ris 2.0 with usb tower and about two weeks ago for the first time dll and firmdl work with legos 2.5 with instructions found at: (URL) tried with the patch legos-0.2.6-linux-us...stdl-sched with legos.0.2.6 but it don't work at all. (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: remote control and rcx

Chris Phillips's utterance expressed in news:HEL5rn.1DrD@lugnet.com: (...) okay - bought the rc after I had upgraded the old rcx. (...) hmm seems a little embarassing for TLC. I've had ir-devices for many years and this is the least functional thing (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: remote control and rcx

(...) Chris, Do you own any Spybots? If you leave the remote in "ping" mode (as kids tend to), you will have a horrible time downloading anything. This has happened to me many times. I still do a little head scratching each time, until I think (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dr. Vegetable's Virtual Remote

(...) Not GPL, really. More of a "come-n-get it" license. My programs are free to any taker for personal use, but are not automatically licensed for redistribution in shareware collections or warez sites without explicit permission. That being said, (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dr. Vegetable's Virtual Remote

(...) Is your program under GPL (and then think about free mean :)) And do you want that I integret it to legnoppix ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: remote control and rcx

(...) The RCX will not respond to the remote until you succeed in downloading the firmware. The built-in romware does not listen to the remote. The remote can be used with many RCXes at once, since it is a one-way protocol with no response messages. (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: remote control and rcx

nanobapt's utterance expressed in news:3EBAD33D.309020...anadoo.fr: (...) nope - only one at a time - but that shouldn't have any influence since the rc is one-way-only. The pc is another thing - here it is very important that only one rcx is turned (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: remote control and rcx

(...) Does you use RC with 2 RCX powered on ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  remote control and rcx

Hi! I recently bought another rcx, but when I tried to use the remote control it didn't respond. I can use the rc to control the old rcx, so the rc does work. I have tried changing the batteries in the rcx, so that should not be the problem either. (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: TIME STAMP for a LNP distributed robot

Thanks Mark for your idea, it's better to have a different global time than the one of the kernel. Best Regards, CarlosLuis Rendon M. "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HEIyDt.16s5@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: What sort of signals(values) can be transmitted and received by the RCX

(...) LNP is very nice, but as far as I understand it sends sequences of bytes and it is upon you to do the conversion to/from the data, where Lejos has some partial support on top of LNP. (...) If it weren't a coincidence then a mile would be (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: TIME STAMP for a LNP distributed robot

BTW, make sure you include: #include <time.h> Otherwise, get_system_up_time() will only return 16 bits! Mark (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: TIME STAMP for a LNP distributed robot

Hi, The sys_time variable is the basic timekeeper for BrickOS. It is a 32-bit integer that is incremented every millisecond by the kernel. In older versions of the kernel you could access the variable directly, however, in 0.2.6.10 and later you (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Dr. Vegetable's Virtual Remote

I have just released a freeware utility program for Windows that emulates the MindStorms infrared remote control using a USB or RS-232 IR tower. The program supports all functions of the remote and does not require any other support software to be (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx) !

  TIME STAMP for a LNP distributed robot

Hi, I'd like to make a basic implementation of a time stamp on a distributed schame, using Lamport's algorithm. It states basically that when a node receives a message, it get the time stamp that's contained on it, and compares with it's own, if the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickos-0.2.6.10 .text is not within region ram

(...) Dear Mark I will check the demo programs and more stuff. If i'm not wrong it looks to me that now we have 16K for the kernel ( c000-b000) = 4Kb more. If i got the results, i'm coming back to the forum. best regards Bernhard (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact