 Robotics / RCX / 2042
Re: Dr. Vegetable's Virtual Remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 21:48:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Bapt Denaeyer writes:
Chris Phillips wrote:

I have just released a freeware utility program for Windows that emulates
the MindStorms infrared remote control using a USB or RS-232 IR tower.  The
program supports all functions of the remote and does not require any other
support software to be loaded except for the USB tower driver, if
applicable.  Please check it out, and let me know what you think:

  http://www.drvegetable.com/download_vremote.html

I also would like to take this opportunity to mention that my new
LEGO-oriented web site is now online at http://www.drvegetable.com/ for your
viewing pleasure.  This site contains information about my LEGO habit,
details about a few(!) of my projects, and *FREE* software.  Enjoy!

- Chris.

Is your program under GPL (and then think about free mean :)) And do you
want that I integret it to legnoppix ?

nanobapt

Not GPL, really.  More of a "come-n-get it" license.  My programs are free
to any taker for personal use, but are not automatically licensed for
redistribution in shareware collections or warez sites without explicit
permission.  That being said, I do intend to grant this permission on a
case-by-case basis, and I really like the idea of what you are doing.

My Virtual Remote program is strictly a Windows 32 app, and I don't plan to
open the source at this time.  I don't know if that would prevent it from
working in legnoppix..?

The other thing is that I would like to hear at least SOME feedback from
users before I propagate my software into any collections.  I mean, I think
it works, and I've had quite a few downloads in the last 24 hours, but it'd
be nice to hear whether people are having any problems with it.

- Chris.