 Robotics / RCX / 2047
Re: remote control and rcx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 15:37:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Chris Phillips writes:

I also had an evening not too long ago where none of my RCXes would take a
firmware download.  I tried a couple different computers, different towers,
fresh batteries, different room lighting, and nothing worked.  The next time
I tried to do it (a couple weeks later) everything worked just fine.

I never did figure out why this happened, but I've heard others tell a
similar tale here in the past.  I guess if you can't get a download to work
after dozens of attempts, shut it down for a few hours/days and try again
later.

Chris,

Do you own any Spybots?  If you leave the remote in "ping" mode (as kids
tend to), you will have a horrible time downloading anything.  This has
happened to me many times.  I still do a little head scratching each time,
until I think "Duh... It's the Spybot controllers!"  :-)

Mark

Interesting.  I do own a couple Spybotics, although I'm not sure I've ever
even put batteries into them, and I think (80% sure) they were in another
room at the time.  That would explain why the problem went away all by
itself, though.

And now I can't even find any of the 'bots or their remotes to see whether
they have batteries in them.  I guess that's why they call them Spybots.

- Chris.