 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3272
3271  |  3273
Subject:
TIME STAMP for a LNP distributed robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 15:02:13 GMT

Hi, I'd like to make a basic implementation of a time stamp on a distributed
schame, using Lamport's algorithm. It states basically that when a node
receives a message, it get the time stamp that's contained on it, and
compares with it's own, if the received one is grater than the brick's own,
then it replaces it with the one of the message. If not, then it just
ignores it. This gives us the chance to have a global "sequence of events
(unequivocal).

Well, what I'd like to find out, is in which part of the kernel is handled
the time of each brick, and if is writeable from a user program. Any other
comments/suggestions will be welcomed.

Best Regards,
CarlosLuis Rendon M.