 Robotics / RCX / *6415 (-20)
  RE: Displaying info while debugging

Yes, rcxTcl is probably looking at the data coming in on the IR and buffering it until there is a pause. I'll check it out this week and send out an update if I can.... How are you making out otherwise with pbForth? Cheers, Ralph (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Displaying info while debugging

Ralph, Coult it be that the console (RcxTcl) does that (and not pbForth)? Thanks Mario (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: MinuteTimer and currentTimeMillis()

(...) An int, 4 bytes. (...) That's right. (...) I think a complete cycle will take 49.7 days, as you have to get through the negative values, too. But I bet nobody has yet tried it. (Somewhat like the MSWindows sure crash a while ago :-) (...) No, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  GUI for legOS

Is there a GUI for legOS like Bricx CC for NQC? If there is, is it easier to use and do you lose features useing it? Thanx scott (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MinuteTimer and currentTimeMillis()

I am writing a class which can be set with the actual time and then provide the value to other classes. It only has to be accurate to the minute. I've done this in NQC, but am trying to figure out how to do it using Lejos. If currentTimeMillis() is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX Code Documentation and FLL Coaches Training

Dean, I'd be glad to volunteer to be a teacher reviewer for your documentation. I teach Robotics in the Classroom a class for teachers at WSU. The Help menu within RCX 2.0 explains each code block and gives an example of its use. I found this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: I^2C bus with LEGO Mindstorms

(...) You can get one or two signals per second. I tested it with the knight rider test tool from the same Elektuur project and with the 4 digit led display. This is a very old project from Elektuur ... the serial number is 920004-11 ... I think ist (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I^2C bus with LEGO Mindstorms

Hi Jan, I tested it and it's veeeeery slooo...oooww. Elektuur writes that the interface could be an extention of the RCX for more sensors you may use for your roboter. The software is written for NQC and uses some sensor functions to realize the i2c (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LEGO cuts the price of the RCX Brick

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> schreef in bericht news:GxptxE.CA5@lugnet.com... (...) overcompensate -- (...) If the LEGO US 110v adapter is similair to the Europe 220v adapter in terms of output : it outputs around 9.2-11.4v AC (note the AC, DC (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  I^2C bus with LEGO Mindstorms

The dutch electronics magazine Elektuur posted an article 2 months ago about making an I^2C interface for the RCX. You can download PCB layout and software at (URL) partslist is at (URL) gonna try to lend a copy from the library and scan it... this (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LEGO cuts the price of the RCX Brick

(...) Um, are you asking about the power adapter that you might take off the 9V train regulator, for example? My expectation is that this item being discounted is the brick only, and the brick takes in power at its input plug but does not come with (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LEGO cuts the price of the RCX Brick

(...) Hallelujah! (...) A couple questions for someone with a multimeter: Does the 1.0 power adapter output a clean 9v DC? Or does it overcompensate -- at, say, 9.3v -- like other cheap wall adapters? Does the voltage drop by more than 1% while (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LEGO cuts the price of the RCX Brick

(...) The RCX Bricks on sale are the 1.0 version. I think that they are just geting rid of them to make space in their warehouses for other lego sets. The only diffference is 1.0 have a plug so you can use an adapter and use your outlets instead of (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Code Documentation and FLL Coaches Training

Hi Dean, (...) With your code on screen, press <print screen> key - this will put screen contents in clipboard. Press <Alt><Esc> to iconize Lego Software Start Paint (or a better image software) and paste clipboard in a new document. Now the real (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RCX Code Documentation and FLL Coaches Training

First off I want to thank everyone for their help and guidance on my FLL Coaches Training class. The Mechanics class documentation is mostly done now. I'm having a few of my engineer friends review it for techical errors. A teacher review follows (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: LEGO cuts the price of the RCX Brick

"Tonya Witherspoon" <tonya.witherspoon@wichita.edu> schreef in bericht news:GxoCuM.8DB@lugnet.com... (...) $59.99. (...) (URL) (...) out (...) It's only for north-America... in Europe prices are still the same :( -- Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree | (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Scheduler patch

Well, actually not :) If users don't want proportional timeslicing the patch is completly useless, but if they do, it might be usefull. /Joel (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Scheduler patch

(...) Do you have some examples where your patch could be useful? Eric (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Scheduler patch

Joe I'm happy you found my patch quite interesting! I, just as you, think the kernel could be simplified quite alot. Actually my goal was initially to reduce size and overhead but I when I decided to add proportional timeslicing the goal changed. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Scheduler patch

Joel, I have found your work to be quite interesting! I made quite a few modifications in the kernel starting with ver 0.2.5 and had hoped to have some of the modifications included in ver 0.2.7 My goal was to reduce size and overhead which is quite (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact